• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oldtimer

• JimCouch

• inkstainedruth

• Buzz_130

it is a very complex logistic i had to write down on a piece of paper defining which pen went where.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is for the pens in use on my desktop. A plastic tray you can find for $1.50 anywhere. Th eleast expensive go here for everyday use.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/CASES/PensBIN_0152_zps68e19390.jpg

This is to safeguard my 6 best pens: A Sturdy Penvelope 6

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/CASES/PENVELOPE_0150_zps9141e9bd.jpg

For my 7 most used aside from those on the bin, i use a black Pelikan case for 4 and no-name for 3 pens bought on ebay. These i carry into my purse sometimes.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/CASES/IMG_8702SMall_zps5eab1c6e.jpg

And finally for all my ballpoints i have leather we raps like these.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/PENS/CASES/PENS_0536_zpse3c9675a.jpg

And a 12 leather zippered case for un-inked least used pens where i have currently 9 pens.

On the way, a pen roll from HisNibs.com for the ones on the bin if i want to carry them outside the home.

Edited by Oldtimer

The reason I ask is I'm lookin for something that I can use to hold a few pens beside my chair in the living room on my little table. That's where I do most of my writing besides at church. I don't have real expensive pens that I feel need to be kept in cases but I don't want to just lay them around to get knocked off and lost either. I am just wanting a few that are easily accessible. Something a little more original than a coffee mug preferably. :)

What do you usually keep your in?

Buy one of this plastic bins so popular on the school section at popular Xmarts. it works perfectly as a pen holder and moving them from one room to another or placing beside you as you watch TV and write. Believe me, you cannot beat the price. i use mugs for ballpoints but not for FPs.

http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif
http://www.zoominto.com/zoomapi/ZoomButt.gif
Edited by Oldtimer

Right now they are just laying on my desk, the inked ones, all 19. The others are in my the drawer unit on my helves which holds all my other desk stuff (cords, mechanical pencils, post-its, blah blah).

I am going to ask for a pen case for Christmas, maybe. Just so it all looks a bit neater.

A pen roll is a good idea also. You can wrap it up when they are not in use and open it up on your desk when using them.

Make a list of the ones you use the most and use a plastic or wooden bin. That way they are visible and easily accessible. on the desk they can roll and fall outside, sometimes in the past i "lost" them temporarily because they lied below a paper or notebook. Other pens i keep on other cases and holders depending on use. I had to think hard how to segregate my pens by use. But only looking back on how i used them i was able to come to a decision.

In a game table/ chest in which I have placed flocked pen inserts, so instead of them sitting on a side table, they are stored within it, except for the inked pens, and for the I use a glass (smooth with no rough edges) flower frog, which sits on top of the pen storage table.

My collection pens are in a Penn State Industries hard case.

My home pens are in a Costco Corn can :D But inside the can are paper tubes to keep all the pens separated so they don't scratch each other.

My home office pens are in a plastic pen holder with the same paper tubes.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Uninked ones are in a tea cup and a Mason jar, and the inked ones are out in the open, all on my desk. For when I'm using them away from home, I put them into a leather sketch case meant for 24 pencils. It can hold up to sixteen pens, if they're stick style, or eight wider pens.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! That gives me a lot to look into. I do have a roll for the pens that I turn (like the one pictured below) but just really looking for something that I can use just for my side table. I do really like the idea of using a leather dice shaker. That's cool. Thinking it might also be pretty cool to turn a cup out of rosewood and line it with felt...'http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/673/RV2HKM.jpg'

Edited by bowyorang

My inked pens reside in a Logitech zip up hard case (I'm not sure what was in it originally), not perfect but does the job although the cat seems to think that it is her personal scratching post.

Uninked pens are kept in a Copic pen holder/case.

My prettiest pens live in a 13-pen glass top case so I can admire them. The rest of my out-of-rotation pens are in Aston leather cases.

My work pens live in a 3-pen Pelikan case (one FP, one blue gel BP, one red gel BP for scribbling on documents), plus my ready-to-write pen in my folio.

The inked pens at home live in either a 3-pen case that came with my GvFC Pernambucco, or in this bad boy:

post-115801-0-88447800-1410086863_thumb.jpg

I have two five pen wraps that I use for inked pens. One is from Levenger and the other is from Pilot. I can keep track of both the number of pens that should have been in the case as well as location of all the pens in the wrap.

Those Levenger 5-pen wraps are nice, although I wish the newer ones still had the flap my older one has, so that pens can't fall out.

I agree, the lack of a flap is one of the reasons I bought the Pilot case. However, I would also say that the Levenger wrap does roll up into a tighter ball. I'm just very careful to make sure the pens don't touch as I roll and the pens are always nib up when traveling to prevent them from falling out.

Buzz

I made a crocheted pen case with a cotton based yarn, it seems to work pretty well. Working on making a case using a beadweaving method. Will post pics when it is done.

Very unoriginal here. My inked pens are in my NSA coffee mug; my uninked pens are in my KGB coffee mug; the Susemai inked pens are standing up in a little desktop drawer unit; I have a pack of varicolored Varsities in a notebook in which I'm doing a research project that requires some color-coding; there's a black Varsity clipped into my 5"x8" notebook, and my Preppy eyedropper (Brilliant Brown ink) is in my shirt pocket.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I picked up a 12 pen case for $20 off ebay from china. Though I had a coupon for $20 off so got it free :D. Since I only have 13 pens it works out great. Also my desk lamp has 4 slots for pens so the ones in use go there.

Inked pens are in a pipe stand. Others in cigarbox from John at bamapen. I like the lined leather dice cup idea, so have pulled one from the backgammon set and have it next to the reading chair in the den now. It even appears to be weighted so works very well.

I've got the best non-helpful non funny attempt at a joke ever answer for this :D ... I keep my pens in the... earths atmosphere :P

Sorry about that, now back to serious discussion :D

I use several glass "flower frogs" that I found in antique shops for $5 +/-. Sometimes the glass at the bottom of each hole may have sharp edges, which is why I prefer to handle them before I buy them. The diameters of the holes on each will vary so I have several of different sizes.

I keep uninked pens in an Aston 20-pen case. In use pens on my desk live in either a Pelikan 3-pen case, or in a couple of leather pen sleeves (my Danitrio Hyotan fits just right into one of those curvy Franklin-Christoph sleeves.). For the pens I take to work, I use a 3-pen Franklin-Christoph case in my Timbuk2 bag.

The rest on my ballpoints, rollerballs, mech pencils, Sharpies, etc live in a funky Harley Davidson mug on the shelf over my desk.