• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• gwyneddd

• brunico

• Dottie

what kind of autumn theme do you want... reds, browns, or black like burnt yams?, with some hazy greens?

but since I'm still ooking at Sailor inks let's see what I can come up with

Joyful Honda Gunma line

Tsumagoi Leafgreen

Asama Sepia <-this is red brown

Myougi Amber

Jyoshu Yakimanju Brown <-tad bit red

Rihei Inks

Fujiyama Hongou Sengen Taisha Japan Red

Fujiyama Yakisoba Orange

Akafuji red

Asagiri Kougen Green

Usagiya Ink

Hare no Kuni

Love-geroge

kou-raku-en

Sankodo Nagoya Inks

Kakouzan Red Brown

Higashiyama Green

Nagoyajou Sepia

Oosu Red

Akashi Stationary inks

Kanawa Sepia

Twilight Rouge

Myouban Brown

Nagasawa Kobe monogatari... hahaha a lot of combinations on this baby

Old Foreigner Ward Sepia

Arima Amber

Kitano Foreigner's residence red

Nada brown

Motomachi rouge

Taisanji yellow

Tarumi apricot

Shinkaiichi gold

Suzuran green

Gakuen Toshi fresh green

Kobe brick

Sumiyoshi brown

Kounan Maroon

good luck... :X

Edited by Algester

Have a French Halloween this season ~ Herbin Orange Indien and Perle Noire :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/S8dZ-DTHpfI/AAAAAAAAAGs/m1-JmopKxpQ/s1600/30OrangeIndien.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Very nice! I'm practicing my drawing and I'll try to recreate this elephant today. I have Herbin Orange Indien but will have to improvise on the black (or grey...).

Have a French Halloween this season ~ Herbin Orange Indien and Perle Noire :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/S8dZ-DTHpfI/AAAAAAAAAGs/m1-JmopKxpQ/s1600/30OrangeIndien.jpg

Nebraska usually doesn't have autumn, we have about two weeks of confused embarrassment in between summer and winter. I'm continuing to use my bright, colorful inks as a form of denial against the encroaching dark.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

You guys need to add the green of pine trees that stands out against the russet of the oaks and maples and sumacs. That's what I see here in rural Delaware in November--very pretty. After the swamp maple reds are gone, we have russet and green.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/gwynedd_gal/autumnde_zps0936c014.jpg

I live on the plains of North Dakota. Tree?!? What's a tree?

Outside of ornamentals, I don't think we even have pines out here. Just cottonwoods and willows in the low areas, along with a spattering of maples in lower areas.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

You guys need to add the green of pine trees that stands out against the russet of the oaks and maples and sumacs. That's what I see here in rural Delaware in November--very pretty. After the swamp maple reds are gone, we have russet and green.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/gwynedd_gal/autumnde_zps0936c014.jpg

Nice selection. :thumbup:

Thanks. I love color because I paint. I have drawers full of colors and have to resist buying every ink. Fortunately the lovely Autumn Oak is like a jar of Apache Sunset I already have.

Edited by gwyneddd

You like J. Herbin Lie de Thé

But only love it when it is a broad line and when it is really wet and pooling. You keep wishing it looked like that when dry.

In other words, a Lie de Thé that was darker, a few clicks over on ye old color wheel.

That ink would be ________

?

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

You like J. Herbin Lie de Thé

But only love it when it is a broad line and when it is really wet and pooling. You keep wishing it looked like that when dry.

In other words, a Lie de Thé that was darker, a few clicks over on ye old color wheel.

That ink would be ________

?

Possible Diamine Burnt Sienna or Monteverde Brown, if you need more saturated.

• 2 weeks later...

Noodler's Apache Sunset looks nice.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene