The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Autumn Colours

ink inky thoughts autumn

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 mattypoos

mattypoos

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:27

Autumn is on its way and i was just wondering if any of you fine people had any suggestions as to what inks would compliment the season well? i'd guess browns and reds.

thank you for your help  :D

Sponsored Content

#2 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:29

DIAMINE: Autumn Oak, Ancient Copper, Golden Brown, Red Dragon

PILOT IROSHIZUKU: Yu-Yake

NOODLER'S: Apache Sunset, Golden Brown

#3 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:25

To the above suggestions, I'd add DIAMINE Deep Dark Red, Deep Dark Brown, and Deep Dark Orange, all exclusives to be found at Cult Pens, online site based in the UK.

#4 brunico

brunico

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:32

My favourite autumn ink link of all time. No translation needed.

#5 Dottie

Dottie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:38

Noodler's Apache Sunset, J. Herbin Orange Indien, Pelikan Brilliant Brown, Noodler's Red Rattler.

Diamine Orange and a good black for Halloween.

#6 Namru

Namru

Wet Cake

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:47

Inked at the moment are Sailor Grenade, Pelikan Edelstein Amber and Diamine Autumn Oak. Autumn Oak really is a stunner with a wet stub.

Autumn is my favourite season. Looks nice, smells nice and feels good.

Edited by Namru, 04 September 2014 - 12:48.

#7 parnesh

parnesh

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,012 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 13:02

Iro Momji. An ink I ordered accidentally but am really loving. Will continue to use it even though winter is nearly over in Oz. In autumn the color almost matched that of the leaves in the front yard.

#8 Murky

Murky

Ink-ready-ble

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 13:13

No one thought about the Autumn sky...maybe J. Herbin Cacao du Bresil? Autumn is also the season of the grapes....so here we can really get crazy with burgundy and purple and golden-green; a few off the top of my head: R&K Scabiosa, R&K Alt-Goldgrun, R&K Alt Bordeaux!

Edited by dragos.mocanu, 04 September 2014 - 13:14.

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

#9 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 14:00

I'd add Diamine Amaranth, Matador, Evergreen, and Ochre to the above. Also, depending on your autumn, a blue-green like Eat de Nil or Yama-dori. Noodler's Kiowa Pecan, too.

#10 Hallel

Hallel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 14:37

J. Herbins Lie de The, Stipula Sepia, J. Herbins Rouge Hematite, for the red/gol/green sheen.

Autumn has always been fire colours and earth colours for me.
The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

#11 Pentulant

Pentulant

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 16:56

Diamine Pumpkin!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>
President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

#12 MKeith

MKeith

"A man's got to know his limitations"

• Member - Gold

• 910 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 18:24

+1 on Diamine Autumn Oak

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

#13 FountainPenCowgirl

FountainPenCowgirl

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:36

Diamine Syrah
PR Avocado
Waterman Absolute Brown
Pelikan Edelstein Amber
Noodler's Habanero

#14 SeeksAdvice

SeeksAdvice

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:46

Black ... the same response I have to every seasonal ink question ;P  The same response I have to what ink to write love notes with.  The same response I have to just about any of those type questions.

Simply because the weather outside changes, why change inks?  Black, blue, blue/black work year 'round.  Though, I do admit to a certain fondness for Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun, but winter matches my personality, etc.. :)

Plus, by staying with the same color set, you don't have to buy "seasonal" inks.  Just the core staples.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

#15 dannyboy

dannyboy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,139 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:57

J. Herbins Lie de The, Stipula Sepia, J. Herbins Rouge Hematite, for the red/gol/green sheen.

Autumn has always been fire colours and earth colours for me.

+1 on these colors! Check you pm box for my message!

#16 Brian K

Brian K

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:25

Black ... the same response I have to every seasonal ink question ;P  The same response I have to what ink to write love notes with.  The same response I have to just about any of those type questions.

Simply because the weather outside changes, why change inks?  Black, blue, blue/black work year 'round.  Though, I do admit to a certain fondness for Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun, but winter matches my personality, etc.. :)

Plus, by staying with the same color set, you don't have to buy "seasonal" inks.  Just the core staples.

I don't change ink by the season, either, but I also can not remember the last time I used a black or blue-black ink. Just too...err...staid for me. I like ink with a bit of zip to it. (That being said, I can't say I would never use them, but they'd have to be pretty special.)

Right now I carry 5 or so fps on me at any one time and the inks I have in them are likely to be Diamine Bilberry, Iroshizuku Yama-guri, Iro Kon-peki, Iro Asa-gao and Diamine Burnt Sienna. The Billberry and Yama-guri are the only ones I have full bottles of, and I do have a few other samples, so everything is subject to change at short notice. I will probably always have pens inked with the Bb and the Y-g because they are splendid inks but once in awhile it's nice to change a few things. Changing inks is much easier than a lot of other things we could change!

To quote many others "Life is too short to use boring inks!" Or to stick with them, either...

Regards,

Brian

Edited by Brian K, 05 September 2014 - 03:29.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

#17 eduardp

eduardp

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:43

Thank you so much for the link. A fp forum in french, that's really great.

#18 brunico

brunico

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:01

Thank you so much for the link.

Cu placere!

#19 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:32

Autumn selection...

14959284609_ede30c140f_o.jpg

All Diamine this year.

#20 annettefhorn

annettefhorn

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:15

Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki (persimmon)

Sailor Doyou (dark brown)

I like the idea of autumn sky: how about Iroshizuku Kiri-Same or Montblanc Oyster Grey?

Maybe a teal to go with the browns/reds/oranges? Sailor Yama-dori?

Diamine Oxblood

Noodler's Sequoia, Zhivago, Walnut

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, inky, thoughts, autumn

Sponsored Content

|