Something Wrong Homo Sapiens Amblem On The Bronz Trim

cengiz

Hi everybody,

There is something wrong with my pen' s "HOMO SAPİENS" writing on the bronze trim. When I hold my pen to write, "HOMO SAPİENS" writing on the trim isn't parallel with the nib. photo is attached.

I unscrewed the nib section but it doesn't work. I can't take the "HOMO SAPİENS" to the front part. Please advise...

Cengiz

post-81350-0-39619800-1409423025_thumb.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cengiz

• adyf

• aardvarkbark

• premedj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uhmmmmmm.... was unaware that the inscription was supposed to line up perpendicular to the nib.... Do you have any reference to this being the standard?

Uhmmmmmm.... was unaware that the inscription was supposed to line up perpendicular to the nib.... Do you have any reference to this being the standard?

All the photos on internet are like this:

Edited by cengiz

Mine isn't lined up either. Not sure if it should be, but it doesn't worry me.

I think I'am obsessive about it. Because when I hold my pen I think I hold it reverse and can't concantre on my writing :(

Never paid any attention to how mine is rotated. No big deal either way to me.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

IF the position is like this it's just by accident - I have three of them and none is lined up

There is no spex or anything else that would define it.

... this reminds me of these old discussions at a watch-forum, that the crown on the crown always has to be upwards and some collectors pay an additional price if it is like this...

:lticaptd:

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

Most products used in advertising and display photos are carefully arranged and staged to look perfect. Like those succulent looking burgers in a fresh bun full of moist, crisp salad that they show in the adverts, when the thing that falls off the end of the production line in your local burger joint is sad and soggy and looks like someone has sat on it.

The top of the nib in my HS is aligned with the blank side of the ring. It writes just as well.

Toodle pip<BR><BR><BR>

All the photos on internet are like this:

post-81350-0-37136100-1409424268.jpg

It may just be me, but I think that the nib unit is sitting slightly proud of the section. Therefore the nib unit may have been unscrewed slightly so that everything lines up for the photo. Just a thought.

Edited by adyf

I have two and on neither does the name on the ring align with the top of the nib. I agree with the comment above that the nib in the picture may not be fully inserted just so, for the picture, it is aligned. As suggested above in another post, it is common when photographing watches to screw down the crowns until the emblem on the end is straight up and down, even though it may not be securely tightened.

post-81350-0-37136100-1409424268.jpg

It may just be me, but I think that the nib unit is sitting slightly proud of the section. Therefore the nib unit may have been unscrewed slightly so that everything lines up for the photo. Just a thought.

I have two and on neither does the name on the ring align with the top of the nib. I agree with the comment above that the nib in the picture may not be fully inserted just so, for the picture, it is aligned. As suggested above in another post, it is common when photographing watches to screw down the crowns until the emblem on the end is straight up and down, even though it may not be securely tightened.

Most products used in advertising and display photos are carefully arranged and staged to look perfect. Like those succulent looking burgers in a fresh bun full of moist, crisp salad that they show in the adverts, when the thing that falls off the end of the production line in your local burger joint is sad and soggy and looks like someone has sat on it.

The top of the nib in my HS is aligned with the blank side of the ring. It writes just as well.

Most probably it is like that just you have said. Thank you for your interest.

Cengiz

Because when I hold my pen I think I hold it reverse and can't concantre on my writing :(

Work on you concentration. Your pen is fine.

In mine, the original bronze, the space between homo and sapiens lines up with the centre of the nib.

No big deal.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I bought my Homo Sapiens in their boutique in Florence; it was perfectly aligned, unlike yours, and the salesman explained me that sometimes the dealers change nibs depending on people's requests, resulting the nib not to be aligned with the letters and afterwards they just do not notice it.

In mine, the original bronze, the space between homo and sapiens lines up with the centre of the nib.

Uh oh... and we were making such good progress until this! Now i have an urge to go check my own HS, which i will steadfastly resist as a matter of principle.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I bought my Homo Sapiens in their boutique in Florence; it was perfectly aligned, unlike yours, and the salesman explained me that sometimes the dealers change nibs depending on people's requests, resulting the nib not to be aligned with the letters and afterwards they just do not notice it.

This would appear to be a reasonable explanation, but both of mine are in boxes with the label that indicates the EF nib attached, neither of which are centered.

But what is 'perfectly aligned'? Is it as in the OP's picture where the nib slit is centered on the space between the words homo and sapiens, or is it where the slit is centered on the first h and last s, which would put it maybe between the a and p?

Italians are like this have you been in Maserati Quattroporte lately? I was in one and the control buttons were all over the place, I suppose they went along the lines ' eh there is fine, lets go to lunch'

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Can you slowly but firmly rotate the nib unit counterclockwise/clockwise with your thumb and index finger or has it been fit too tight?

(Don't grab nib by its sides, or it may bend. Hold it on the upper/lower part) Your HS' nib unit may have been unscrewed slightly. (above comments)

Cengiz

Edited by cengiz

This reminds me of the first Wall Street LE I had ... among other ...worse ... faults it had on delivery, the 'flats' on the cap did not line-up with those on the barrel :(

Fortunately the one I have now is fine, in all respects .... I love that palladium Stub! Thanks Bryant :)

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)