The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Pilot " Celemo", The 50$ 14K Nibbed Wonder Pen From Pilot.

pilotcelemo fcm-500r

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:29

Very good pen too. Got one after reading this. Value for money. Looks are like more expensive ones. Smooth writing.

and now where did youuuu got this pen from and at the same price??

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Sponsored Content

#42 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:30

Contact wancher raul from pensindia.com. I got it from him recently for inr 3400

Thank you will surely contact him

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#43 rohit1974

rohit1974

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 17:19

Help me in buying this.. If possible

Hi , you can try rakuten from Bunkidou seller for INR 2260 . Have purchased pens from him with no problem

Link - http://global.rakute.../item/fcm-500r/

However convertor  (? con 20 is supplied)  and shipping will be extra . So your call

#44 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:10

Hi , you can try rakuten from Bunkidou seller for INR 2260 . Have purchased pens from him with no problem

Link - http://global.rakute.../item/fcm-500r/

However convertor  (? con 20 is supplied)  and shipping will be extra . So your call

thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#45 migla9

migla9

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:30

Sounded good, so I placed my order with Bunkidou (http://global.rakute.../item/fcm-500r/) Sunday evening.  Less than five days later it was delivered here in Chicago.  That includes 1.5 days in US Customs and a slight delay for Bunkidou to get a CON-20, which was out of stock.  All told, the Pilot Ceremony (Celemo?), a CON-20 converter, and shipping came out to 5400 JPY or USD $46.63.  Not a bad deal for a 14k nib pen. It comes with only a black cartridge, but the CON-20 was only $1.73 extra.  A CON-50 seems to fit ok also, but I haven't tried it yet.  Bunkidou was very prompt with sending emails, including a warning that they were out of stock on the converter.  They sent an EMS tracking number (http://www.post.japa...s/index_en.html) that's also usable on usps.com once it gets to the US.  Very good service!

I got the black pen with a F nib.  The pen has a well-made feel to it and looks good, not cheap.  It is a bit on the thin side for those used to a heftier pen, but I find it comfortable.  The F nib is maybe a touch thicker than the EF on my Safari, as I would expect with a Japanese nib.  It feels a little bit scratchier than the Safari though, even though alignment looked ok.  I need to play around with it for a while.  I can't really say that the gold nib makes a difference.

All in all, a nice, inexpensive pen.

Hari, thanks for the excellent photos in your review.  Do you still plan to do a comparison with the Platinum PTL-5000a?

#46 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:34

Hari, thanks for the excellent photos in your review.  Do you still plan to do a comparison with the Platinum PTL-5000a?

Congratulations on your pen and thanks for posting your impressions.

Thank you for reminding me, I will surely post a comparison between the two models as and when the time permits.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#47 mohamedelegipcio

mohamedelegipcio

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2015 - 18:07

Hi Hari, thanks for the great review and the excellent photos.
I need to chose between Pilot celemo FCM-500R and Platinum standard PTL-5000
In your experience which pen is better in terms of build quality, nib smoothness, wetness and comfortably  

gn369Pl.jpg

E – Open your Internet Explorer
G – Then Google its name
Y – Now search it in Yahoo
P – Look at it by Power point
T – Or just tweet it

#48 pearlfection

pearlfection

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2015 - 19:58

I got this pen too.

It is scratchy, burps ink and feels extremely cheap. Maybe I got a lemon but I really dislike it.

#49 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:54

In your experience which pen is better in terms of build quality, nib smoothness, wetness and comfortably  

After long term use, I can say that I prefer my Platinum just slightly more than my Celemo. But you never know, your mileage may vary.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#50 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:55

I got this pen too.

It is scratchy, burps ink and feels extremely cheap. Maybe I got a lemon but I really dislike it.

no one likes a lemon. but a burping Pilot is like a dried out lemon. I hope you get a solution from where ever you bought it.

#51 migla9

migla9

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:22

I got this pen too.

Sorry to hear that.  Mine was a bit scratchier than I expected, but adjusting the tines helped.  I still need to do some nib tuning.  Right now, I'd say it's more feedback than scratchiness.  Also, I found I was pressing down a bit more than I needed to.

I haven't had any ink burping though and in 3 weeks, it has started perfectly whenever I use it.  Not a single skip or dry start.  Are you using a cartridge or a converter?  I've read that ink burping sometimes happens when they're not completely seated.  Try removing it and putting it back in with a bit more force.

Good luck!

#52 s_t_e_v_e

s_t_e_v_e

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 15:54

Hari,

How does this pen compare in girth to the Waterman Hemisphere? 

And also, how does the Platinum PTL-5000 compare to the Hemisphere.

Thanks!

Steve

#53 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 16:00

Hari,

How does this pen compare in girth to the Waterman Hemisphere? 
And also, how does the Platinum PTL-5000 compare to the Hemisphere.

Thanks!
Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't have a hemisphere to compare with and tell. I hope some one reading this has both the pens and is able to tell you.

Best
Hari

#54 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 15,142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:08

Hi, I have now posted a comparison between these two models. Pls follow the link below:

http://www.fountainp...m-p-t-l-5000-a/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilotcelemo, fcm-500r

Sponsored Content

|