The Pilot " Celemo", The 50$ 14K Nibbed Wonder Pen From Pilot.

hari317

Very good pen too. Got one after reading this. Value for money. Looks are like more expensive ones. Smooth writing.

and now where did youuuu got this pen from and at the same price??

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• mehandiratta

• mhphoto

• maverink

Contact wancher raul from pensindia.com. I got it from him recently for inr 3400

Thank you will surely contact him

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hi , you can try rakuten from Bunkidou seller for INR 2260 . Have purchased pens from him with no problem

Link - http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bunkidou-shop/item/fcm-500r/

However convertor (? con 20 is supplied) and shipping will be extra . So your call

thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

Sounded good, so I placed my order with Bunkidou (http://global.rakute.../item/fcm-500r/) Sunday evening. Less than five days later it was delivered here in Chicago. That includes 1.5 days in US Customs and a slight delay for Bunkidou to get a CON-20, which was out of stock. All told, the Pilot Ceremony (Celemo?), a CON-20 converter, and shipping came out to 5400 JPY or USD $46.63. Not a bad deal for a 14k nib pen. It comes with only a black cartridge, but the CON-20 was only $1.73 extra. A CON-50 seems to fit ok also, but I haven't tried it yet. Bunkidou was very prompt with sending emails, including a warning that they were out of stock on the converter. They sent an EMS tracking number (http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html) that's also usable on usps.com once it gets to the US. Very good service!

I got the black pen with a F nib. The pen has a well-made feel to it and looks good, not cheap. It is a bit on the thin side for those used to a heftier pen, but I find it comfortable. The F nib is maybe a touch thicker than the EF on my Safari, as I would expect with a Japanese nib. It feels a little bit scratchier than the Safari though, even though alignment looked ok. I need to play around with it for a while. I can't really say that the gold nib makes a difference.

All in all, a nice, inexpensive pen.

Hari, thanks for the excellent photos in your review. Do you still plan to do a comparison with the Platinum PTL-5000a?

Hari, thanks for the excellent photos in your review. Do you still plan to do a comparison with the Platinum PTL-5000a?

Congratulations on your pen and thanks for posting your impressions.

Thank you for reminding me, I will surely post a comparison between the two models as and when the time permits.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Hari, thanks for the great review and the excellent photos.

I need to chose between Pilot celemo FCM-500R and Platinum standard PTL-5000

In your experience which pen is better in terms of build quality, nib smoothness, wetness and comfortably

http://i.imgur.com/gn369Pl.jpg

E – Open your Internet Explorer

G – Then Google its name

Y – Now search it in Yahoo

P – Look at it by Power point

T – Or just tweet it

I got this pen too.

It is scratchy, burps ink and feels extremely cheap. Maybe I got a lemon but I really dislike it.

In your experience which pen is better in terms of build quality, nib smoothness, wetness and comfortably

After long term use, I can say that I prefer my Platinum just slightly more than my Celemo. But you never know, your mileage may vary.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I got this pen too.

It is scratchy, burps ink and feels extremely cheap. Maybe I got a lemon but I really dislike it.

no one likes a lemon. but a burping Pilot is like a dried out lemon. I hope you get a solution from where ever you bought it.

I got this pen too.

Sorry to hear that. Mine was a bit scratchier than I expected, but adjusting the tines helped. I still need to do some nib tuning. Right now, I'd say it's more feedback than scratchiness. Also, I found I was pressing down a bit more than I needed to.

I haven't had any ink burping though and in 3 weeks, it has started perfectly whenever I use it. Not a single skip or dry start. Are you using a cartridge or a converter? I've read that ink burping sometimes happens when they're not completely seated. Try removing it and putting it back in with a bit more force.

Good luck!

Hari,

How does this pen compare in girth to the Waterman Hemisphere?

And also, how does the Platinum PTL-5000 compare to the Hemisphere.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't have a hemisphere to compare with and tell. I hope some one reading this has both the pens and is able to tell you.

Best

Hari

Hi, I have now posted a comparison between these two models. Pls follow the link below:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/288278-a-case-of-long-lost-twins-or-in-other-words-pilot-celemo-vs-platinum-p-t-l-5000-a/