The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Can Anybody Tell Me About This Parker Duofold Pen And Pencil Set?

parker duofold parker pen and pencil duofold

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fpkid

fpkid

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:09

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_6447.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

I recently got this parker Duofold from my grandpa.  I have been doing a lot of research and I haven't really come up with anything.  I know it is a Duofold, and I think it is probably streamline, but I couldn't find anything about the original box that it is in, and the date it was all made, and the pen and pencil set together.  I don't even know if the directions are commonly found with Duofolds from this era.  Anyways, if you have ANY information about this awesome pen I would love to hear about it.  Thanks!

Edited by fpkid, 28 August 2014 - 18:13.

Fountain Pen Kid   http://fpkid.com

Sponsored Content

#2 skipwilliams

skipwilliams

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:21

It's hard to tell whether its' a Streamlined Senior or Junior Duofold.  Senior 129mm?  Junior 114mm" capped should be the measurement according to Zazove's book.

The imprint looks like a 1929 with Duofold inline and Patented underneath

It's Permanite, red/orange, Dupont-made plastic.

The nib is a later replacement, Vacumatic nib, not something that would have been fitted to pens made in1929

Skip

Skip Williams
www.skipwilliams.com/blog

#3 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:58

If the leaflet is original with the pen, check at the bottom of the last page you might find a date code looking something like "6/29".  The last figures are usally the year it was printed.  Are you able to ask Grandpa?  It's a lovely gift BTW but be a bit careful 80+ year old plastic can be a little fragile.

#4 sherbie

sherbie

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:31

What a nice pressie!

The box is a much later box, and so not original to the pen/pencil set, as it has the last parker logo ( ie not the current one), that I think was introduced around 1958 or so.

Enjoy anyway, cheers, paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker duofold, parker, pen and pencil, duofold

Sponsored Content

|