The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Schrade Tactical Pen W/ Schneider Ink

schrade schneider ink

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 artistmonk

artistmonk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 23:41

Schrade tactical fountain pen with Schneider ink. Writing down some lyrics from my latest fave jam by Meghan Trainor "All About That Bass" http://youtu.be/7PCkvCPvDXk Keeping an upbeat vibe for the day. It's a standard cartridge. The standard converter doesn't fit because the barrel is tapered near the inside-bottom. In the meantime, it's syringe-cartridge mode.

jgqdt0.jpg

30k8v9z.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:57

A pointy metal pen with a fullered barrel doesn't really spell "upbeat vibe" for me, but to each their own...

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#3 J85909266

J85909266

Fountain Blade

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2014 - 17:50

I have one in black. It's an incredible deal at afound 25 bucks, for what you get. It's a big, all aluminum pen with perfect construction that will last a lifetime. It does fit some converters, as well. It's also a friction fit, 6 sized nib, so I'm pretty sure it will take a Goulet nib. I have one on the way to try it out. I'll update the thread when it arrives.

If you want a rugged fountain pen that you can clip to your jeans, take anywhere and never have to worry about, this is hard to beat.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

#4 TheRealScubaSteve

TheRealScubaSteve

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2014 - 17:59

It fits Monteverde and Delta (the one with the white piston) converters.

#5 ISW_Kaputnik

ISW_Kaputnik

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,738 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2014 - 16:26

I have one in black. It's an incredible deal at afound 25 bucks, for what you get. It's a big, all aluminum pen with perfect construction that will last a lifetime. It does fit some converters, as well. It's also a friction fit, 6 sized nib, so I'm pretty sure it will take a Goulet nib. I have one on the way to try it out. I'll update the thread when it arrives.

If you want a rugged fountain pen that you can clip to your jeans, take anywhere and never have to worry about, this is hard to beat.

It does in fact, take a Goulet nib.  I put a Goulet fine in mine, and it made the fountain pen usable.  The IPG nib that came with it was total junk, but some buyers may be more fortunate.  Most people will be judging based on a sample of one.

I had originally bought two Goulet nibs for two Ahabs.  They fit one of them, but were too loose in the other, so I decided to see if the extra nib could salvage the Schrade.  Curiosity satisfied, I took the fountain pen section out again, and put the pen back together with the included rollerball components.  It's not a comfortable pen to write with at great length, and I like something smaller to carry in a shirt pocket.  I won't use it in rollerball mode much, either, but at least I can leave it around in a pen cup and grab it occasionally.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do." - Benjamin Franklin

#6 TheRealScubaSteve

TheRealScubaSteve

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:33

I must be a fortunate one. My medium nib was incredibly smooth. Writes like a B on most paper, though.

#7 DQuartermane

DQuartermane

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2014 - 14:41

I am new to the brands and names of all the diffrrent pens. Looks amazing!

#8 J85909266

J85909266

Fountain Blade

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:14

1418398813277.jpg

Adding the Goulet Pens nib to this pen has created perfection. A rugged, handsome fountain pen with a great nib that clips to your pocket with confidence and can even be an effective last-ditch kubaton for self defense. It's a FP lover's EDC wet dream.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

#9 Jackson

Jackson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 14:12

I must be a fortunate one. My medium nib was incredibly smooth. Writes like a B on most paper, though.

Same here, except my M writes more F-like--so that's odd...great bargain though. It's now my trusty fly-fishing field pen.

#10 Last Knight

Last Knight

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:54

This pen is actually what started my journey to fountain-pen collecting; the combination of "tactical" and "fountain pen" drew me in.

Ironically, I've lost two of them; one in a park while frisbee golfing (it unscrewed from the cap and slipped out a hole in my pocket), the other at a party right after the host's girlfriend complimented it. In replacing it a third time, I also rounded up some Jinhao and Hero pens, and I've been hooked since.  :)

Currently I have one of the brown ones, and the nib is very smooth - writes more like a bold - but very wet, especially when I'm using bottled inks (Noodler's Heart of Darkness is my usual go-to black ink, but I have entirely too many issues with bleeding and smearing from this pen). I haven't had any issues with converters - I have a cheapie three-pack of screw type converters I ordered from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that worked just fine with it, as well as a Monteverde mini-converter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DK5PQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) I picked up after reading a review that said regular sized converters wouldn't work... should have tested that first. Anyway, both types have worked just fine, but the ink flow tends to be a little much - whereas loaded with cartridges (right now I have it filled with Private Reserve Velvet Black) it's a bit more manageable.

As an aside, I'm a fairly large gentleman with equally large hands - this pen fits me very well, and I write quite comfortably with it.

I've hung onto my current one for about six months now, and I'm hoping to keep it this time. Wish me luck!  -_-

#11 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:54

Okay, I give, what is a "tactical" fountain pen? I did not see the answer in the above posts.

#12 TheRealScubaSteve

TheRealScubaSteve

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:28

Okay, I give, what is a "tactical" fountain pen? I did not see the answer in the above posts.

It has a point on the end and is marketed as a defensive "weapon," like many "tactical" ballpoints. IMG_20150102_232333.jpgIMG_20150102_232341.jpg

#13 Last Knight

Last Knight

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:32

I dropped it on my ankle once. It hurt.

If given proper motivation, I imagine someone could do quite a bit of damage with one of these...

#14 TheRealScubaSteve

TheRealScubaSteve

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:35

For sure, People on YouTube like to do "torture tests" on the b#l&@$*nt versions on various objects.

#15 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,230 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:57

It has a point on the end and is marketed as a defensive "weapon," like many "tactical" ballpoints. IMG_20150102_232333.jpgIMG_20150102_232341.jpg

So all those years in school I was actually had a Tactical #2 pencil, cool!!!

#16 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,389 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 15:02

They are pretty neat. For 25 bucks you a fountain pen / ball point pen. You get ink cartridges and one ball point ink refill. It doesn't come with a converter. The Monteverde mini converter will fit. Buy a 150 dollar gold Edison nib and now you have some thing[attachment=307383:image.jpg]
This is what all the different pieces look like

#17 Nosferatualso

Nosferatualso

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 19:43

Does anyone know if you can buy these in the UK?

#18 adamselene

adamselene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 860 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 13:35

I love mine.

Liives in my suitcase.

Any one take one on a plane?

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

#19 gordyt

gordyt

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 14:51

I love mine.

Liives in my suitcase.

Any one take one on a plane?

I haven't tried that yet but I did get mine confiscated going through security screening when I had jury duty in Harris county.  They did give it back to me on my way out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schrade, schneider, ink

Sponsored Content

|