The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can Someone Post Images Of The 145 Nib Underside?

mont blanc 145 nib underside

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:20

I'm going to see a MB -that I think is a 145- that being sold for close to $200. I've been trying to compare the image provided by the seller with others than I"ve seen on several websites including this, but they're few and far between.

I notice on the photo that the tines are far wider than the plastic feeder on the image but all pictures that I've seen of the 146 and 149 undersides align perfectly. Any idea as to why is this? Could this be a fake pen?

The owner is offering the pen with its original box, what should I look for in the box for an original item? What kind of papers do I expect to find?

This will be my first MB if I decide to buy.

0707278620.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 UltimatePenPolish

UltimatePenPolish

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:19

Pay a bit more and get one new or get a LeGrand, etc. This one looks sketchy, to me.

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:13

http://www.fountainp...-aka-classique/

the pen in OP is a fake per my estimation.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#4 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:51

I'm with Hari on this. My inclination is that's a fake pen because the feed isn't a Mb type feed. The length of the pointed part is the giveaway as fakes are usually like this.

Do you have a picture of the nib? Also, a picture of the barrel off showing the converter would also help. I bet it has a fake converter.

Edited by Chrissy, 27 August 2014 - 08:52.

#5 HermetiC

HermetiC

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:15

Looks fake to me.

#6 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:53

http://www.fountainp...-aka-classique/

the pen in OP is a fake per my estimation.

I downloaded those images to compare side by side. I also downloaded a few pictures of a fake alongside an original one to determine whether or not this is the real thing. The good thing here is that I'll be able to see the pen before committing, as opposed to having to judge with that crappy photo.

I'll keep you old posted.

Edited by gammada, 27 August 2014 - 12:54.

#7 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 14:14

Went to see the pen, even as a newbie on Mont Blanc pens, this one shouted fake from a distance!

First off, the the cap ring said 149, but the shape and dimensions were more like the 145; nib was a grotesque representation of the 145 nib, yet the body glowed red when lit by my iPhone led flash, thou.

Glad I passed on this one.

Thank you all for your excellent observations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, 145, nib, underside

Sponsored Content

|