The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Relief model list

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson

Esterbrook Nut

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2005 - 19:36

Esterbrook Relief pens are often a hot topic, as not much is known about them. They are well made pens with 14ct Relief nibs, and came in an amazing selection of plastics and HR, as well as a number of different filling systems to appease most anyone. When someone at a pen show tells me they think Esterbrook pens are junk, I'll pull out a Relief. :)

Antonios, if I may, I'll reproduce some of the information here from a recent email. No sense in re-inventing the wheel. Heck, I'd probably be best throwing this on the website.

Note, other than discussion in the Relief 90 thread regrding start date for CS made pens (ca. 1938), I don't have any better dating for some of these pens. As information rolls in, I'll update my website to reflect this.

So, here goes, my partial list of Relief pen model numbers:

Conway Stewart made:
1-R eyedropper, #1 nib,
1 lever fill, long lever, nickle trim, no cap band (have also seen one with a groove for a cap band), #1 nib, The 1 series is the only model I'm aware of that was made in MHR.
1 Pencil, nickel trim to match model 1 pen
2 Pencil, GF trim to match model 2 pens
2-L lever fill, short lever, GF trim, single cap band, #2 nib
2-S Stud (button) filler, rest same as 2-L, #2 nib
3-L lever fill, large size, three cap bands, #3 nib
3-S Stud filler, rest same as 3-L, #3 nib
4(L?) Oversize, three cap bands (narrow, wide, narrow) - never seen one in person, has #4 nib, have catalog reference for one
5-L lever fill, two cap bands, slender size, #5 nib (smaller)
7 piston filler, three cap bands (narrow, wide, narrow), visulated barrel by section, #? nib?
12 Similar to CS27, tapered cap and barrel, later production, probably 1950's
22-L Short ladies size, came with or without clip, ringtop model. #2 nib

Other:
314 Eyedroppers, various styles, most made by Wirt, most US made. Wirt models are ventless nibs with vented feeds
66 Two hole clip dollar pen style, nickel trim, UK made, renew point style nibs
90 Two hole clip dollar pen style GF trim, UK made, renew point style nibs
Super Relief, Gold Relief - eyedroppers, US and UK made, some with over/under feeds.

I suspect there's another conway made model, as I've heard of a solid gold Relief set and would think it would have it's own number. Also, there's a 6 missing from the series too, so maybe that exists.

Can anyone else add to this list?

Best-
Brian
www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Sponsored Content

#2 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 00:05

Oh we were young... There was a time that we were young :) 
A nice 7 in reverse cracked ice finished today on ebay. Did you see?

Sponsored Content

|