The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Fountain Pen Should I Get?

sheaffer aurora fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhianova

rhianova

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:25

Hi all!

I am contemplating getting a new fountain pen and cannot decide between a Sheaffer Valor or an Aurora Talentum Finesse (the Aurora Talentum is a little above my price range, and anyway I quite like the Finesse's slimmer look).

Unfortunately the only review I could find of the Aurora is one that mentions the cap not being tight fitting enough, leading to the ink drying out by the next day. 

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Aurora, or could give any input as to which of the two I should go with?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Content

#2 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:58

I can't say anything about the Aurora. But I had a Sheaffer Valor once. It had to be held at a rather steep angle (between paper and pen). That didn't suit me at all, and I finally got rid of the pen. But if that's no problem for you, the Valor is certainly a good pen!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, aurora, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|