The Heritage 1914 On Display - It's A Huge Pen !

Sampanel

Thanks Mister Mont Blanc I did not update this case here there is a full post on my blog. but here is the latest.

I did remove the two part cover around the join as I was not happy with it. I made a once piece cover by wet moulding a strip of leather around the case.

28753430304_7cac9e388e_z.jpgDSC_0891[1] by my0771, on Flickr

This is how it looked before dying and finishing as the leather dried out it maintained the shape of the case.

I don't know much about Montblanc's cigar cases but the inclusion of kydex tubes inside the red suede makes this case really strong.

Hopefully it will be finished soon when it may well appear in the classifieds section here on fpn.

Thanks

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Axis

• meiers

• Sampanel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought some of you may like to see the finished case in all of its glory out in the sunshine

28984121644_b08289b192_z.jpgDSC_0937[1] by my0771, on Flickr

The case has two kydex tubes for strength each wrapped in red suede and then in black leather with a final outer cover made from 2 mm leather.

29528847091_116ec9ccec_z.jpgDSC_0935[1] by my0771, on Flickr

The tubes have an internal diameter of 26.5 mm and will take pens up to 175 mm long it is one of the largest cases I have ever made.

28984118834_80d6738296_z.jpgDSC_0934[1] by my0771, on Flickr

I added an oak toggle and some gold coloured bling I wish I had some pens that would fit in it.

Are there two different lines of Heritage? In Vienna I saw one that was really huge, much bigger even than a 149. In our local boutique I saw a very small one, almost as thin as a pencil, with a tiny nib.

What's the catch? :unsure:

Yes.

One is the 1912 (much smaller, great writer - and more affordable!); and the other is the 1914 (MOP star, bigger, gorgeous)

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Are there two different lines of Heritage? In Vienna I saw one that was really huge, much bigger even than a 149. In our local boutique I saw a very small one, almost as thin as a pencil, with a tiny nib.

What's the catch? :unsure:

You probably saw the models that Pravda referred to. There are black lacquer models, coral lacquer models, and a limited edition hard rubber (black) edition. Each has a snake as the pen clip and are very thin pens but piston fillers for the fountain pens. The nibs also have a snake head engraved on them.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I thought you might like to see the M B style case I made in its new home.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/255117-making-a-pen-case/?p=3702909

I hope the link works if not it is in my making a pen case topic page 49 post 962.

Thanks

Michael

• 8 months later...

I just discovered this thread. I was given a black version of the 1914 (I know everyone needs friends like I have).

Comments:

1. The high cost? As noted previously, because Mont Blanc can. And they are not a non-profit organization.

2. 333 of the orange pen and substantially more cost, why? Without getting into the chemistry, it is more difficult to make a uniform orange pen with the resin they use than with black. Yellow fountain pens that match the uniformity of what Parker did in the 1920s are still rare to do today. Black is, relatively speaking, easy.

3. I gave mine away. I did not enjoy writing with it. I prefer large pens so that was not the issue. If it had some taper for me to grip better I probably would have kept it. The completely conical shape just didn't feel right in my hand. Sorry.

I just discovered this thread. I was given a black version of the 1914 (I know everyone needs friends like I have).

Comments:

1. The high cost? As noted previously, because Mont Blanc can. And they are not a non-profit organization.

2. 333 of the orange pen and substantially more cost, why? Without getting into the chemistry, it is more difficult to make a uniform orange pen with the resin they use than with black. Yellow fountain pens that match the uniformity of what Parker did in the 1920s are still rare to do today. Black is, relatively speaking, easy.

3. I gave mine away. I did not enjoy writing with it. I prefer large pens so that was not the issue. If it had some taper for me to grip better I probably would have kept it. The completely conical shape just didn't feel right in my hand. Sorry.

:)

Is the black one bigger than the orange one or both the same size, I'm yet to see these available here in Australia. Also how does the size compare to that of the 149

Is the black one bigger than the orange one or both the same size, I'm yet to see these available here in Australia. Also how does the size compare to that of the 149

They are the same size. Go back in this thread for photos.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I saw the black one in the Venitian boutique in Macau a couple of weeks ago. It's a monster. A glorious monster. I resisted having a try, as I would hate to love it, as the 40000 HKD is a bit steep for what is a novelty pen...

Wanting more than ONE pen that accomplishes the same task is senseless. Talking about them on the internet instead of simply using them is senseless. We aren't here because of sense. :D

In the survival world, two equals one. One equals zero. Anyway lots of millionaires out there who make 17k in a day. I have 6 Montblancs: three ball points, two fountainpens and a rb. Found original MB at pawn shops. Now if i were a millionaire i would have to own two of those orange models. Two equals one.

Edited by Studio97

I have 6 Montblancs: three ball points, two fountainpens and a rb.

That means you have two Montblancs. :P

• 2 months later...

Is the nib really larger than a 149 nib? Or it's just the same piece of gold punched to different curvatures?

It's the same length but noticeably wider. Different DNA in shape and malleability also.

• 2 months later...

the Heritage 1914, especially the black one, but the coral version also is seriously haunting my dreams.

If Axis, or anyone else who has one is still around, could you post what the ink capacity of the pens are?

Are they essentially captive converters like the 1912s, or they are legitimate piston fillers with 2ml or more ink capacities?

the Heritage 1914, especially the black one, but the coral version also is seriously haunting my dreams.

If Axis, or anyone else who has one is still around, could you post what the ink capacity of the pens are?

Are they essentially captive converters like the 1912s, or they are legitimate piston fillers with 2ml or more ink capacities?

I am not sure about the exact scientific/metric number, but it hosts slightly more ink than a 149. Its resevoir is massive.

• 1 year later...