The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Heritage 1914 On Display - It's A Huge Pen !

heritage 1914 montblanc huge fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Sampanel

Sampanel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:33

Just saw the display of the Heritage 1914 in a Hong Kong MB boutique.  Both the 333 version (orange) and 1,000 version (black).  Staff are so nice to let me take photos on them.  They are huge !!!   Will try to get another photo with the 149 for comparison.

800_7448-X2.jpg

800_7447-X2.jpg

800_7446-X2.jpg

800_7451-XL.jpg

800_7449-X2.jpg

800_7452-X2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:55

I was dying to see pics of these.. Thank you! 

They are lovely! I am in the market for the 1912 Heritage but this is really tempting me to wait.. unfortunately, I suspect that the resin 1,000 pieces will be much, much more expensive than the 1912. 

Any idea how much the black one is for? I am really curious 

Edited by Pravda, 24 August 2014 - 10:59.

#3 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:07

Smart looking pens :)

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I like the mop star on the black version. What is the star on the orange version made of? Is it crystal?

#4 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:14

WHY have I never seen these?! When did they come out? Is it out yet? I want the black one with the MOP! I've always wanted the other one but this has a fricking MOP STAR!!! I WANT THIS!

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

#5 sd10521

sd10521

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:16

Quoted from this thread:  

Upcoming Montblanc Heritage 1913

Toll, on 10 Aug 2014 - 13:24, said:

I just came back from a local Boutique and I saw the promotional materials for the 2014 Heritage. The Orange version looks stunning -- only 333 pieces at about $17K each! The black version will have a run of 1,000 pieces and cost in excess of $6K. Both are out of my league, but the orange one certainly got my attention.

#6 NHsueh

NHsueh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:48

Wow its beautiful, even though I don't usually like monotone nibs!

Edited by NHsueh, 24 August 2014 - 11:49.

#7 Sampanel

Sampanel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:02

Quoted from this thread:  

Upcoming Montblanc Heritage 1913
Toll, on 10 Aug 2014 - 13:24, said:
I just came back from a local Boutique and I saw the promotional materials for the 2014 Heritage. The Orange version looks stunning -- only 333 pieces at about $17K each! The black version will have a run of 1,000 pieces and cost in excess of $6K. Both are out of my league, but the orange one certainly got my attention.

Yes, it's around that price. For the star, the orange version is the mix of mop & sapphires. The black is mop.

#8 Nek

Nek

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:12

Wow. Heritage 1914 looks amazing. Thanks for posting pictures. Looking forward to seeing pictures of how large it is compared to 149.

#9 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 13:46

Wow, those are gorgeous. Thanks for the photos.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#10 pen jubky

pen jubky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 15:44

17k for a pen that's almost 90% made out of plastic? Although I agree both pens look stunning, I believe they have lost all touch with reality at Montblanc.

#11 Bernardo

Bernardo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 16:12

Wow, the coral one is stunning !!!

#12 Michael R.

Michael R.

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 16:45

Thanks for sharing those images. I was very curious about those pens.

Love the size, coral color and MOP star but don't care too much for the metal trim at the gripping section and filler knob.

Cheers

Michael

#13 Trom

Trom

nothing to say

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 16:52

17k for a pen that's almost 90% made out of plastic? Although I agree both pens look stunning, I believe they have lost all touch with reality at Montblanc.

There must be 333 people on this planet to sell this to. Would you buy it for 9k?

#14 Toll

Toll

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:04

Thanks for sharing the photos! 

#15 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 18:21

Thanks so much for the pics. Both are outside of what I am willing to spend, but I know that I will keep my eyes open for a Heritage 1914 in black on the secondary market. 1000 pieces or not, that thing is going to depreciate like a piano falling out of a window...

Stunning pens either way...

#16 pen jubky

pen jubky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:02

There must be 333 people on this planet to sell this to. Would you buy it for 9k?

Personally I draw the limit at 1k for any pen. But, I understand different strokes for different folks. Except for a few very limited vintage models most limited Montblancs are available on the secondary and gray market. I doubt this particular model will sell out at the current mrsp.

Edited by pen jubky, 24 August 2014 - 19:04.

#17 eidola

eidola

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:33

This. Going by the Montblanc website, ceaseless indulgent 'launches' and 'events' are making them believe their own hype!

#18 JLS1

JLS1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,870 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:55

Personally I draw the limit at 1k for any pen. But, I understand different strokes for different folks. Except for a few very limited vintage models most limited Montblancs are available on the secondary and gray market. I doubt this particular model will sell out at the current mrsp.

Probably true, but I doubt MB would make 1000 units without being sure that they'd be able to sell them (or at least enough to make a profit). Like you, I'll wait to see it on the secondary market.

#19 Trom

Trom

nothing to say

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 20:01

Some people don't know what else to do with their money quantity. Wanting another (expensive) pen is probably a (mind) disease.

Edited by Trom, 24 August 2014 - 20:35.

#20 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2014 - 21:51

Wanting more than ONE pen that accomplishes the same task is senseless. Talking about them on the internet instead of simply using them is senseless. We aren't here because of sense.  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heritage, 1914, montblanc, huge, fountain, pen

Sponsored Content

|