The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mb 149

mb montblanc 149 meisterstuck

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 agentdaffy007

agentdaffy007

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 13:22

Do yourself a favor and go to the grocery store and ask for a grocery paper bag (the free one they give to carry your grocery out of the store) and draw some 0's and some 8's on it. Don't draw too many numbers because the nib will smooth out very fast. Also, DRAW LIGHTLY!!

I have done this to many of my MB and it works flawlessly.

Sponsored Content

#22 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:45

Second hand pens often need tweaking. I recommend John Mottishaw at nibs.com
If u donot have the experience i would not diy.

#23 de_pen_dent

de_pen_dent

Tropical islander

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 17:58

Well, IME, most MBs I have used - out of my collection of around 20+, vintage and new - have some feedback.   They are not toothy or scratchy, but you definitely feel the paper under your pen - ala a pencil on smooth paper or skating on freshly-zambonied ice.  

To me, that's a good thing - i find glassy nibs with no feedback to be not very nice for writing, as one loses the tactile sensation of the nib gliding along on paper.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mb, montblanc, 149, meisterstuck

Sponsored Content

|