The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Classique Clip Engraving

fronteir engraving bordeaux classique

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

Mr. Montblanc has cheated and fallen in love with Mr. Visconti

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2014 - 22:02

Hi there everybody. I really hate to create a whole new topic just for this question but I am on an expedited quest to get a Montblanc pencil ASAP as school is starting in less than one week. I found a great deal on an old Bordeaux model but I noticed a faint engraving on the bottom of the clip that appears to say "frontier" maybe...? I thought I've seen this before so I'm wondering if it is a different brand's clip or some sort of personalized clip engraving someone had done...? The pencil is listed as "new in box."

Thank you so very much for any help!!

Capture.PNG

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Sponsored Content

#2 Art

Art

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 00:08

When I used to give Mont Blanc pens and pencils as mementos we would have the person's initials engraved on the clip. Perhaps this was ordered that way and never picked up.  

#3 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 00:20

If it bothers you, you could call MB and ask them about changing the clip.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#4 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

• Member - Gold

• 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:01

Having the clip engraved does not bother me if it is an authentic pencil. What bothers me is not knowing whether that is a post-purchase engraving or the sign of a counterfeit clip. I didn't think Montblanc did engravings anywhere on the clip and "frontier" sounds like a brand possibly.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

#5 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:37

Corporate clients would often have their logo engraved on the barrel for corporate gifts. One can still find vintage MBs with corporate logos, AEG is one example I have seen several times. I have not seen this on a clip before but it is possible.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#6 UltimatePenPolish

UltimatePenPolish

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:57

Eh. I would just wait for another pen to pop up. I hate engravings :(

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

#7 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:00

If it bothers you, you could call MB and ask them about changing the clip.

That or try to get people to start calling you by your new nickname: Frontier
My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#8 Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:26

Having the clip engraved does not bother me if it is an authentic pencil. What bothers me is not knowing whether that is a post-purchase engraving or the sign of a counterfeit clip. I didn't think Montblanc did engravings anywhere on the clip and "frontier" sounds like a brand possibly.

Montblanc does engravings on clips on request. I bought my Tribute new, from a reputable online store, and requested my initials to be engraved. They sent it to Montblanc for that.

Edited by Vlad Soare, 20 August 2014 - 11:23.

#9 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 21:58

I believe that Montblanc will replace a broken clip as part of their 1st level service

#10 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

• Member - Gold

• 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2014 - 22:18

Well it looks like someone else got the steal on the pencil, assuming it was authentic. I just couldn't pull the trigger since I have a faint memory of seeing that same word "frontier" in that same exact font somewhere else. I also never heard back from the seller when I messaged them. Well at least I hope this helps others down the road and thank you all for your responses. I think I'll be getting the other pencil with the only engravings being "Germany" and a serial number :)

#11 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 22:24

I think I'll be getting the other pencil with the only engravings being "Germany" and a serial number :)

Way to go. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fronteir, engraving, bordeaux, classique

Sponsored Content

|