Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

When will this madness end.. So that we also can lay hands...

I am always the last one to know about the inks..

Your flag says that you are from India. Most Japanese shops do not ship outside Japan, so there is no way for you to get these inks unless you contact "white rabbit express" and ask them for procure inks for you.

Or like already mentioned above, if you have a relative in Japan, please ask him/her to get some for you.

I hope that helped.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your flag says that you are from India. Most Japanese shops do not ship outside Japan, so there is no way for you to get these inks unless you contact "white rabbit express" and ask them for procure inks for you.

Or like already mentioned above, if you have a relative in Japan, please ask him/her to get some for you.

I hope that helped.

will try white rabbit express

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Ozone blue is nice. It's #3 on my blue list.

After Seiran and Hakodate twilight blue. :)

And Oosu red reminds me of my beloved Irori, which I have now finished.

I completely agree! That's why I like Oosu Red too, precisely because it is the closest I've seen to Irori, which is my favourite red and I only have one bottle of. :D I'm also with you on Hakodate Blue being my favourite blue ever. I do so love it. I think I only have one bottle of that too. SO SAD!!

I completely agree! That's why I like Oosu Red too, precisely because it is the closest I've seen to Irori, which is my favourite red and I only have one bottle of. :D I'm also with you on Hakodate Blue being my favourite blue ever. I do so love it. I think I only have one bottle of that too. SO SAD!!

I think I need to give Oosu Red another look. I've been getting more into red inks recently, especially strawberry-hued ones.

:)

You still have a bottle of irori left? It has been 6-7 years since it was released, I managed to finish mine in 4-5 years. I had 3 bottles if I remember correctly.

I like darker blues, so Seiran takes the top spot, an indigo-blue. That's the blue I go for whenever I want to ink up a pen with blue.

But Hakodate twilight blue has great shading and sheen, which is why it comes at #2. Pity that I have only 1 bottle of it. I can buy more easily but shipping is expensive with Ishida bungu.

Japanese script requires finer nibs in my writing, so not too much sheen for me unless I use Tomoe River paper, but still acceptable amount.

Ozone blue is a nice ink. Not much shading or sheen but a nice color nonetheless.

While irori and Hakodate twilight blue have reviews here, I have not seen a review of ozone blue.

Bungbox New Year's Ink Pair on Massdrop.

http://dro.ps/b/QNItkSC

Kotohogi Kurenai (vivid red) and Hatasuyume Aofuji (bright sky blue) are the inks included in this drop.

Initial price $77.99, possible price $73.99.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Bungbox New Year's Ink Pair on Massdrop.

http://dro.ps/b/QNItkSC

Kotohogi Kurenai (vivid red) and Hatasuyume Aofuji (bright sky blue) are the inks included in this drop.

Initial price $77.99, possible price $73.99.

I'm definitely passing on those. The Kotohogi Kurenai looks very similar to both Kobe #20 Motomachi Rouge & Kingdom Note Nipponia Nippon, and I already have too many inks in the same colour range as Hatasuyume Aofuji.

Edited to add swatch of Kobe #20

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I was also tempted: but I don't like light blues and yeah, $73 before shipping is yikes and you don't even get the conical vial. But that red looks delish. I don't have one like it. Nothing like the Japanese for orangey red.

I saw that BungBox drop, too. Not sure I can breathe through that price, either. just - WOW.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I guess my comment on the Massdrop would be that I will fairly happily pay $40 for Bung Box inks, but I would like to be able to select the colors myself.

I guess my comment on the Massdrop would be that I will fairly happily pay $40 for Bung Box inks, but I would like to be able to select the colors myself.

+1

YNWA - JFT97

I found a small picture somwhere in cyberspace that showed Bungbox Sapphire and Kobe #50 Legend Blue side-by-side. In this small picture they looked fairly similar, but the lighting wasn't very good.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this is the case? Maybe someone can post a side-by-side comparison of these two inks?

YNWA - JFT97

I found a small picture somwhere in cyberspace that showed Bungbox Sapphire and Kobe #50 Legend Blue side-by-side. In this small picture they looked fairly similar, but the lighting wasn't very good.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this is the case? Maybe someone can post a side-by-side comparison of these two inks?

They're actually very different:

24347635004_afe581aabf_b.jpg

Personally, I found #50 to be boring. It's not very saturated, and it's a middle-of-the-road blue that (IMO) doesn't bring a whole lot to the table.

Hi Andy

Do these help?

The top three inks all have a very very slight turquoise tonal value compared to the bottom three, but it only stands out when you add a water wash, as I have done, to the corner of each swab. The bottom three are more of a true blue

When written with I'd say that Sapphire is different to all three, but Kobe #37 is closer to Saphhire than #50.

I've also added a view of sheen. #50 has very little sheen compared to all the others, and is brighter blue, a bit like Mr Pen Radiant Blue. The sheen monster is #14, Maya Lapis.

The card I've used for the swabs is Exacompta Bristol board 205gsm (made by Clairefontaine). The photo accuracy is limited by my iPad camera, although they look reasonably accurate on my screen.

Verba volant, scripta manent