Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Well, I like the swanky bottles, but if this is a remedy for the backlog, I'm all for it!

I like the bottles too, but honestly I never fill direct from the bottle anyway because I carry my ink in sample vials to work. So as long as I have one "original" one for collecting purposes (similar to how I have one of the original GIANT Akkerman bottles), I don't really need more. It's like all those pen boxes I have laying around....

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my two bottles (was the third purchaser)!

I was 35th because I kept hemming and hawing about whether to do Sapphire/4B, or Sapphire/Ink of the Witch, or Sapphire/Tears of a Clown. :(

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Confirmed. Whether or not this change is temporary is uncertain.

Got my two bottles (was the third purchaser)!

Ah ok.

Damn! I was the 4th purchaser!

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

I ended up getting Ink of Witch and Sapphire

I ended up getting Ink of Witch and Sapphire

How close is ink of the witch to shigure?

Current Wishlist:

The company that made the bottles went under and they can not find another producer. Bet on a long drought.

Ink of witch and Shigure are not at all alike, IMO.

From what i've read online about Ink of Witch, Ink of witch is a lot more black than purple. According to some people, Ink of Witch just appears to be black, with purple being shown through in some situations.

Shigure has been my everyday ink for a while now and that is a very dark purple ink. You can definitely notice the purpleness of the ink as well as the sheen if a lot of ink is put down.

I can't wait to use Ink of Witch come September. I'll have a much better comparison when the time comes.

The company that made the bottles went under and they can not find another producer. Bet on a long drought.

Ink of witch and Shigure are not at all alike, IMO.

It seems BungBox will be using the Jentle bottle (Sailor Jentle). I do not know if this is only a temporary change.

I hope the price goes down. Both Kobe and the Jentle line are a lot more inexpensive. But I am not holding my breath.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

It's my understanding, now, that Sailor anticipates to have the diamond shaped bottles by January of 2016, though I bet that projection is not stationary.

Like others have said, the bottle is neat, but quite secondary to the ink itself.

I bought Ink of Witch to liven up my ink rotation at work, but still keep it professional, and Dandyism (I'm excited to do an ink comparison of it with Sailor Jentle Miruai & Kobe #44 Sumaura Seaside Blue).

I already have Piano Mahogany and it is amazing. It's a brown with visible mauve undertones--this was the color I was hoping to get when I bought Iroshizuku Tsukushi, but found it in this ink.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

My bottle of Bung Box Imperial Purple arrived today. It's MUCH closer to shigure.

My bottle of Bung Box Imperial Purple arrived today. It's MUCH closer to shigure.

Good to know, thank you very much.

Current Wishlist:

Good to know, thank you very much.

I've been using it more and more since I got it and I think it overtook my number 1 ink which was Sailor Shigure.

It's a dark purple ink that shows off the color more. As Sailor Shigure tends to be more blacker, Imperial Purple tends to be more...purple. Still dark and it has an incredible sheen. I'm kinda bummed because Vanness sold out of the last bottle of Imperial Purple and nobody knows when it's gonna restock anywhere.

Here's a tiny comparison I made between the two inks

Sorry about the low quality of hte picture. http://puu.sh/iZbHV/7b2e69deff.jpg

Edited by FinalEleven

I've been using it more and more since I got it and I think it overtook my number 1 ink which was Sailor Shigure.

It's a dark purple ink that shows off the color more. As Sailor Shigure tends to be more blacker, Imperial Purple tends to be more...purple. Still dark and it has an incredible sheen. I'm kinda bummed because Vanness sold out of the last bottle of Imperial Purple and nobody knows when it's gonna restock anywhere.

Here's a tiny comparison I made between the two inks

Sorry about the low quality of hte picture.

Thanks for the comparison, it was really helpful.

Hmm, looking at Vanness's website, I am seeing that Imperial Purple is now available?

Current Wishlist:

Thanks for the comparison, it was really helpful.

Hmm, looking at Vanness's website, I am seeing that Imperial Purple is now available?

As soon as I read this, I ended up buying 2 more bottles of it, as well as Fresh Oranges of Lake Hamana which they didn't have before.

I recommend you pick up a bottle or 3!

Around noon I noticed the same thing: Vanness is trickling in what inventory they have left, on their website. It's neat, but also agrrivating--I had to make separate purchases for the Bung Box inks I wanted since they kept updated their inventory from "available" to "out of stock" and back again to "available". It was a bit maddening.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Around noon I noticed the same thing: Vanness is trickling in what inventory they have left, on their website. It's neat, but also agrrivating--I had to make separate purchases for the Bung Box inks I wanted since they kept updated their inventory from "available" to "out of stock" and back again to "available". It was a bit maddening.

Yeah, I bought Norwegian Wood Emerald this morning as well as an empty bottle. Next thing you, more colors pop up and more inks pop up and another purchase has been made. I'd rather have everything come in one package than 2 or even 3.

Yeah, I bought Norwegian Wood Emerald this morning as well as an empty bottle. Next thing you, more colors pop up and more inks pop up and another purchase has been made. I'd rather have everything come in one package than 2 or even 3.

Oh my God, THEY KEEP DOING IT!!! :wallbash:

They added in some new colors again and have readjusted the online quantities, again.

{Sigh}

I bought two more bottles though. :headsmack:

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

They added in some new colors again and have readjusted the online quantities, again.

{Sigh}

WELP. These restocks are killing us!

{Sigh}

WELP. These restocks are killing us!

Tell me about it. I just ordered 2 bottles of 4B, one bottle of Omi Sky, and another bottle of L'Amant (even though I haven't even opened the current bottle of L'Amant yet, as I'm still working through my sample vial...). Of course, ordering 2 bottles of 4B through Vanness has now resulted in me changing my massdrop order to Sapphire/Ink of the Witch. At this rate that Vanness keeps restocking though, I might wind up with a Sapphire/Sapphire massdrop order...

Current Wishlist:

I am pretty impressed that they were able to keep "restocking" after their recent post in the classifieds explaining their next shipment wouldn't arrive until December! It was fun to watch this thread today as each "restock" created such excitement. I don't imagine Parker announcing a "find" of a few cases of Penman nor Montblanc's discovery of Racing Green "showing up" suddenly in inventory would have resulted in any more excited customers.