The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

• Please log in to reply
3612 replies to this topic

#3601 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:24

So I just found out that Sailor rebranded their Shikiori inks into manyo inks it shrunk to 8 inks

From where, if I may ask? I don't mean where you saw the Manyo inks, but rather more specifically, where you obtained information that the Shikiori line has been rebranded (yet again, after Sailor's Jentle Shikisai range of sixteen ink colours become the first sixteen in the "new" Sailor Shikiori range but keeping the names of the individual colours, roughly twelve months ago), or even just that the Shikiori range is being discontinued and/or renamed.

Any site to see the full lineup ?
Sailor's website still list up the Shikiori inks and pens, but can't find the Manyou even in the new product press release.

According to Pen Chalet,

Coming November 2019 — Sailor Manyo Ink Series! This new series of ink will have eight different colors based on flowers found in the Manyoshu, an ancient collection of Japanese poems. Available only in the international market. The Sailor Manyo Ink series is not a limited production and after it is made available, it will part of the Sailor standard inks.

Note: my emphases

so I don't think you'll see them on Sailor's Japanese web site shown or listed side by side with the Shikiori line. You can try Sailor's UK/international web site, though.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

Sponsored Content

#3602 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:30

From where, if I may ask? I don't mean where you saw the Manyo inks, but rather more specifically, where you obtained information that the Shikiori line has been rebranded (yet again, after Sailor's Jentle Shikisai range of sixteen ink colours become the first sixteen in the "new" Sailor Shikiori range but keeping the names of the individual colours, roughly twelve months ago), or even just that the Shikiori range is being discontinued and/or renamed.

According to Pen Chalet,

Coming November 2019 — Sailor Manyo Ink Series! This new series of ink will have eight different colors based on flowers found in the Manyoshu, an ancient collection of Japanese poems. Available only in the international market. The Sailor Manyo Ink series is not a limited production and after it is made available, it will part of the Sailor standard inks.

Note: my emphases

so I don't think you'll see them on Sailor's Japanese web site shown or listed side by side with the Shikiori line. You can try Sailor's UK/international web site, though.

so that answers all my confusion.... now I know was wonder there's nothing on Sailor's website

#3603 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• 5,789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 07:27

yXx0cQB.jpg
pRar6Hj.jpg

somehow I'm getting tired of this ink game...

#3604 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:46

Well, thank you for keeping us aware of the new players in this ink game!

#3605 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 13:14

yXx0cQB.jpg
pRar6Hj.jpg

somehow I'm getting tired of this ink game...

Well all the same inks in new packaging 

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#3606 rluka

rluka

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:02

Sailor's Sailor (dye ink)

Commemorating the 15th anniversary of Ink Studio events.

Blended based on Sailor's corporate blue colour.

The bottle and box got bow tie like Mr. Ishimaru.

Press release

pAcC0rP.jpg

Edited by rluka, 04 February 2020 - 03:03.

#3607 Sashku

Sashku

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:01

Sailor's Sailor (dye ink)

Commemorating the 15th anniversary of Ink Studio events.

Blended based on Sailor's corporate blue colour.

The bottle and box got bow tie like Mr. Ishimaru.

Press release

pAcC0rP.jpg

I need to see this color to decide if I should hunt it down. I'm guessing this is another Japan exclusive. If not, all the better!

#3608 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 4,376 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 15:03

Now comes Brad Dowdy giving away a couple of what looks to be a series of Sailor inks named after the American states. Anyone know anything about this?

gx7KdCJ.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#3609 katanankes

katanankes

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:40

Hi! Hope you can help me. I saw that there is a brochure listing the sailor exclusive inks. It it attached to a Japanese stationery magazine. Do you have any idea of the issue number if it is on the shumino bungubako?

#3610 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,469 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2020 - 18:11

Hi! Hope you can help me. I saw that there is a brochure listing the sailor exclusive inks. It it attached to a Japanese stationery magazine. Do you have any idea of the issue number if it is on the shumino bungubako?

You mean something like this? This is from Vol. 32.

fpn_1584209429__screen_shot_2020-03-14_a

#3611 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 4,886 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2020 - 13:59

... series of Sailor inks named after the American states. Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.penchale...in_pen_ink.html

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#3612 XYZZY

XYZZY

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2020 - 20:43

I just watched the Goulet Pens video announcing that they are carrying Sailor products again.  They said they're carrying the Jentle line and listed Apricot, Epinard, Grenade, Peche, Sky High, and Ultramarine.  I thought those were canceled (or renamed or...)?  And they show them in the horrible squat cosmetics jars, which I also thought were canceled?

Am I mis-remembering that those were canceled?  Are they back?  Did the distributor unload some new-old-stock?  I'm not a fan of green, but I love Epinard and would be happy to hear that it's back even if it will probably take a decade to finish my current bottle.

The video is at https://www.youtube....h?v=MNCcW07sVRc, the Jentle mentioned at about 12:40.

#3613 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 April 2020 - 23:22

Sailor reissued these with a new higher price tag a while back. I suspect they didn't sell well compared to the regular Jentle Four Seasons line. A number of shops have had them for at least a year I think.

Sponsored Content

|