Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That limited Kobe Gogh dark green that cool-japan (after my 3bottle purchase) has 1 left looks wonderful. Vanness also has it, and a WONDERFUL selection of inks in general. Really great seller!

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

^^ +1 on the van Gogh Dark Green, great color and better behaved than the Dark Blue (didn't dry out as quickly but that could be pen-related), though that's also a great color. I'll have to test them again soon.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 4 weeks later...

These 12 inks are SAILOR bottle ink original Kujukuri coastal limit 50 ml sold by Youstyle on Rakuten. Scheduled to be released at the end of May 2018. I am not sure if they are pigmented or not. I don't think so.

None of the Sailor inks under the old Jentle banner were pigment inks, as far as I'm aware.

I'm getting to the point of still being able to see the subtle differences between two similar Sailor inks, but not caring enough to want to acquire both any more. It's not a good feeling.

fpn_1558415095__sailor_kujukuri_coast_vs

I have the three Kujukuri Coast inks and the three Shikiori inks shown above, and I'll say that between the images of the slips of notepaper with kanji handwritten in the Kujukuri Coast inks and the squiggles in the Shikiori inks, the differences in the ink colours are captured quite well and reflect what I saw in my own testing.

With the six 'pairs' below, I can see the differences between the Kujukuri Coast ink and its Shikiori 'counterpart', but now that I have a sense of just how minute they are in actual use, I don't think I can bring myself to go to the trouble of importing those Kujukuri Coast colours.

fpn_1558415067__sailor_kujukuri_coast_vs

fpn_1558415046__sailor_kujukuri_coast_vs

The only 'pair' shown above of which I don't have either colour is tamasakigyouten against irori. I think tamasakigyoten is an attractive colour, not dissimilar to Pilot 100th Anniversary Limited Edition bishamonten ink. I'm still umming and ahing about getting that one.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently in Sendai, and a Maruzen store in the center has an exclusive gray ink with Sendai in the title. 仙臺萬年鉛筆HB Sendai Mannen Empitsu HB

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/272272-sailors-full-ink-lines-including-shop-exclusives-compiled-in-a-post/?p=3126324

I left without buying it, because it seemed expensive for basic looking gray. Can’t decide...

This blog says it looks exactly like pencil: http://happyinkdays.hatenablog.com/entry/0555

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

This blog says it looks exactly like pencil: http://happyinkdays.hatenablog.com/entry/0555

Surely that means the manufacturer has succeeded at its design intent, when "鉛筆HB" is literally "HB pencil"?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 4 weeks later...

EHHH this thing just popped out on twitter Sailor's Sherbet colors back in 50ml... the bottle is very 1670 like

https://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-2005-251.html

comes in 4 colors

Sherbet Purple

Sherbet Mint

Sherbet Pink

Sherbet Blue

heck I think they already ditched their old squat glass moulding since the entire ink line up uses the square bottle ones

Edited by Algester

2019 is indeed the year of pastel colors....

Edited by penzel_washinkton

well it seems there's a new shop somewhere in Japan Pen. still digging about where it is but here's the sample

LKIkv6V.png

those old bottles... do let us know if they have online shop

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

those old bottles... do let us know if they have online shop

no OL store but I found the address Morioka City in Iwate Prefecture

岩手県盛岡市菜園1-6-16

https://www.facebook.com/pen.iwate/ they do have a FB site so yeah

Edited by Algester

According to their blog (via their website), these three colors were sold out on March 9, 2019.

• 2 months later...

Website says they (Sailor) won't ship overseas or to forwarders in Japan. So unless you have a friend in Japan who will order for you...

At least they are offering them in 50ml and at the same price as their standard inks (¥2000).

• 4 months later...

So I just found out that Sailor rebranded their Shikiori inks into manyo inks it shrunk to 8 inks first impression I see Souten, Nioi-Sumire, Shigure, Miruai and Okuyama, Doyou, Kin-Mokusei clones 1200PHP for 50ml they come in those square ink bottles

Edited by Algester

So I just found out that Sailor rebranded their Shikiori inks into manyo inks it shrunk to 8 inks first impression I see Souten, Nioi-Sumire, Shigure, Miruai and Okuyama, Doyou, Kin-Mokusei clones 1200PHP for 50ml they come in those square ink bottles

Wait, is this newly announced? The Manyo inks I know does not include any of the color you mentioned.

I got Sailor Manyo Yomogi, it doesn't seem to be like any of the Shikiori Ive seen. It seems like it is in between Yama Dori and Yuki Akari.

Any site to see the full lineup ?

Sailor's website still list up the Shikiori inks and pens, but can't find the Manyou even in the new product press release.