Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

Interesting. Looks like these will be 20 ml bottles priced at 1200 ¥. So I'll pass. Go back to 50 ml bottles at that price and we can talk Sailor.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://estilofilos.blogspot.sk/2018/03/sailor-even-worse.html

Sailor has just launched a new line of inks by the name of Ink Studio.
This is a collection of 100 colors, bottled in 20 ml inkwells. The price, JPY 1200, plus tax. The ink identification is now just a three digit number.

The package includes the text “dye ink” and these inks are likely to be variations of the well-known Jentle/Shikiori type.

Forgive me for being slightly off-topic, but I think Sailor has just announced 100 new colors, or something like that. I can't read Japanese, and can only glean info on the twitter post from Google translate, but here's some of the key info links:

https://twitter.com/sailor_shop/status/970483469712113665

http://www.sailor.co.jp/pdf/release/ink-studio_20180305.pdf

Translations/explanations would be wonderful, thanks!

If those bottles are even smaller than the current, they’re useless. No way to fill a piston with a long nib. Pass

Sorry... Posting malfunction...

Edited by AndyYNWA

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

If those bottles are even smaller than the current, they’re useless. No way to fill a piston with a long nib. Pass

The Kingdom Note and Kobe inks still appear to be in the 50 ml jar bottles, for ¥2700 (about $24.80 and change at today's exchange rate). That about the price of the Pen and Message inks if I remember correctly.

The PENT ink in square bottle is 50 ml, but I'm not sure what those are. Something new? Kobe? Sailor? KN?

Kingdom Note has just announced a new limited edition series of inks (20 ml) and matching demonstrator pens based on "World Proverbs".

https://www.kingdomnote.com/html/kotowaza/index.html

At the bottom are links to the pens and the inks. The inks are priced at ¥1620 (about $14.90 US), the pens priced at ¥14,580 (about $135 US). They look to be in the 1911 style.

• 3 weeks later...

Kingdom Note has just announced a new limited edition series of inks (20 ml) and matching demonstrator pens based on "World Proverbs".

https://www.kingdomnote.com/html/kotowaza/index.html

At the bottom are links to the pens and the inks. The inks are priced at ¥1620 (about $14.90 US), the pens priced at ¥14,580 (about $135 US). They look to be in the 1911 style.

The blue and green set looks interesting.

I'm indifferent to the change in bottles, as I load all my pens with syringes. The ink being more or less doesn't bother me either--I don't run through bottle easily. If the ink looks good, I'll buy it. If it looks atrocious to me, I'll pass on it. Same as it was before. The cost, eh--I'll pay if it's an ink I want.

There's no point in me migrating away from Sailor inks--it's arguably the best ink brand around. For me, no one matches the quality, writing experience and hues; they're on point more oft than not. For every bottle of Sailor that disappoints, the next 30 are a delight. Other brands, every second or third bottle disappoints--I refuse to make excuses or tolerate such brands just because they are more accessible in availability and price. I want to use ink that adds joy to the writing process, not just another utilitarian house hold product.

This is, of course, personal opinion.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I have several of the bung box inks and I adore them. They never fail to write well. I may have a couple I'd be willing to trade for something else because of color but I'd have to look and see. Don't know if anyone would be interested in a gently used bottle though. :)

I think you would be surprised how easily people who appreciate Sailor ink would be delighted to trade for a Bung Box ink that was different to the ones they have; I know I have some I do not use with frequency after receiving similar inks, since their purchase.

I have several of the bung box inks and I adore them. They never fail to write well. I may have a couple I'd be willing to trade for something else because of color but I'd have to look and see. Don't know if anyone would be interested in a gently used bottle though. :)

I think you would be surprised how easily people who appreciate Sailor ink would be delighted to trade for a Bung Box ink that was different to the ones they have; I know I have some I do not use with frequency after receiving similar inks, since their purchase.

I would. PM me anytime. :)

Don’t know if these have been mentioned, but I found Kabuki themed purple and green inks at Ginza Six ladt week.