Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a while since I visited this thread, but my wallet thanks me :lol:

So many new stuff showing up. I can't even imagine how you find all these shop exclusives...Haha!
Maybe there's some help...
http://kephost.com/images/2016/07/23/4ab1786a66fd38ec83201e07d864fc3d.jpg

Great job! :notworthy1:
I need some catch up to do.

Edited by attika89

It's been a while since I visited this thread, but my wallet thanks me :lol:

So many new stuff showing up. I can't even imagine how you find all these shop exclusives...Haha!

Maybe there's some help...

Great job! :notworthy1:

I need some catch up to do.

:lticaptd: :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

Be careful, you might wake up with a headless Pelikan in your bed tomorrow.

Edited by nyx_h

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Why does sweet potato purple always look better in pictures than it does when I use it?

Mine doesn't look like 'official' photos either. But then I find most inks look different in reality to many pictures posted online. For example, the current Massdrop pic is way off.

I find SPP to be a very complex purple/brown/maroon - perhaps the mix accounts for the apparent variation?

SPP is in my top 3 inks. I love that it's a metamorphmagus on different papers too :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I know everybody is crazy about the purple. But the yellow? Any fans?

I bought the yellow almost two years ago when it was first available @ Vanness Pens. It is a perfectly respectable yellow BUT it is still a "yellow" ink without any dramatic shading, perfectly legible but more the "Piano Mahogany" compared to the rest of the Bung Box brown offerings. There are several BB inks I wouldn't mind another bottle of BUT it is NOT one I need. I am NOT sorry I bought it........just wouldn't do it again.

I know everybody is crazy about the purple. But the yellow? Any fans?

I personally like it... but then again, I do like yellow/gold inks...

From Saskia's review..

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Ink%20reviews/Sailor/Bung%20Box/DSC10522_zps940afa6f.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks, Cyber6, after I asked the question I tracked down that excellent review by Saskia with the fine photographs.

Here's my decision, not that anyone is interested, but last time Massdrop had a BB package, I bought two inks I did not need (already had them) to get one I wanted (L'amant), and then a month or two later our friends at Vanness had the L'amant. It probably won't happen, but I'm going to wait and see if Vanness gets the SPP. If they don't, I can live with Tears of a Clown, which someone here* did a fine comparison review with SPP, and they seem to be pretty much a toss-up as far as their appeal is concerned.

*Edit: it was webgeckos in the cleverly titled and scrupulously reported "Clowns v. Taters" thread. Notably, some friendly disagreement took place in that discussion concerning the qualities of the two inks, and if SPP is indeed more purple than Tears, I would like to have it. I'm a sucker for purple.

Edited by Pensei

Thanks, Cyber6, after I asked the question I tracked down that excellent review by Saskia with the fine photographs.

Here's my decision, not that anyone is interested, but last time Massdrop had a BB package, I bought two inks I did not need (already had them) to get one I wanted (L'amant), and then a month or two later our friends at Vanness had the L'amant. It probably won't happen, but I'm going to wait and see if Vanness gets the SPP. If they don't, I can live with Tears of a Clown, which someone here* did a fine comparison review with SPP, and they seem to be pretty much a toss-up as far as their appeal is concerned.

*Edit: it was webgeckos in the cleverly titled and scrupulously reported "Clowns v. Taters" thread. Notably, some friendly disagreement took place in that discussion concerning the qualities of the two inks, and if SPP is indeed more purple than Tears, I would like to have it. I'm a sucker for purple.

I understand. My thoughts: SPP is a seasonal ink... Vanness might get it or not (they never had it before). ToC is part of the regular lineup... that one for sure Vanness will carry.

Price wise.. not sure is Massdrop is cheaper or not. (too lazy to check)... but I do know that getting it from Japan is NOT much cheaper anymore since BungBox raised their prices.

I find that any BungBox ink is easy to resell. Or trade. I will keep the one I don't want for trading purposes.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I like legible yellow inks a lot, and like Sweet Potato Yellow, but even so, I haven't been able to justify spending that much on a yellow. Granted, having a backup of SPP is somewhat appealing, but I'd rather use that $73 at the DC pen show!

[...]

[...]

Vanness has carried every Bungbox ink at some point, including BSPP. They have a habit of releasing seasonal colors around the time MassDrop does, but it has more to do with when they receive their unannounced small shipments of the ink. Vanness will also, likely, have BSPP for sale online before BungBox themselves do--there's some poetic irony to that.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

I have to disagree with haruka. The pink one looks like it may be similar to the very beautiful Tokugawa-en Botan. I'll probably get a bottle to try it out.

The green reminds me of Tsutaya R & K Ivy.

For me, it's boring as in it's much too similar to other existing Sailor and non-Sailor inks.

Just not worth it to me.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

For me, it's boring as in it's much to similar to other existing Sailor and non-Saulor inks.

Just not worth it to me.

Fair enough, your choice. All the more for me :-)

Fair enough, your choice. All the more for me :-)

Oh no, I'm still buying, but not either of the noted colors. ;c)

---

It should be stated that there is a limit on ink purchase from Stationery Delta--seems it's one bottle per person only.

Ink, a drug.

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Oh no, I'm still buying, but not either of the noted colors. ;c) --- It should be stated that there is a limit on ink purchase for this shop--seems it's one bottle per person only.

Well I assumed you would be. I was just referring to the Kitashinchi Beniyo.

I have 2 bottles on the way. The limit can be worked around ;-)