Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

@migo - seeing this bottle made me feal jealous :/

there's still the Blue Knight somewhere in Taiwan? but I'm not too sure my memory is fuzzy also by R&K

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hougado/rohrerklingner-002/

opps hougado has them but yeah... probably limited to 1K bottles

Edited by Algester

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I posted the inks already introduced in the other thread so deleted the content of my post.

Sorry

Edited by lovelytofu358
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

I am not sure if it's appropriate to post here since they are not Sailor's. (If I should delete this post, please let me know. )

Recently a stationery shop called TAG Bungu in Kyoto released their exclusive inks.

The first batch was sold in a small quantity as trial last month (sold out). The formal release date will be 1/8/2016.

They are currently taking pre orders on Amazon Japan or on their website.

I am guessing, since they have prepared an English website, they are willing to take orders from outside Japan.

http://www.takedajimuki.co.jp/kyonooto/

http://www.takedajimuki.co.jp/kyo-iro/index-e.html

Amazon jp

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_86731051?ie=UTF8&node=86731051&field-brandtextbin=京の音

I received these a couple of weeks ago. Posted about them in another thread.

The black has an amazing copper sheen. This is a swab compared to Waterman Intense Black.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I received these a couple of weeks ago. Posted about them in another thread.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh,, sorry. I couldn't delete my post so I deleted the content.

Thank you for telling me. :)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

Oh,, sorry. I couldn't delete my post so I deleted the content.

Thank you for telling me. :)

Hey, no problem. Thanks for the Amazon link :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I'm receiving quite some flak for putting usable bottles on high priority and giving a little less regard to their contents. :P

Not that i have any problem with it. :)

Bottles are not kept on the desk without the boxes all the time, more like 20 hours a week when i am refilling pens. I don't use syringes to fill so bottle shape is of some importance to me. I'll give little regard to bottle shape once i get an ED pen (soon..). But mostly, the inks are in the boxes.

Sorry to hear about your broken bottle. which ink was that? I'll probably scrap the displaying thing after hearing about your incident.

[...]

The flack is all in good fun. :P

-

The bottle was Aurora Black, which I despise, but its cap is made of the same material used for Iroshizuku and Franklin-Christoph caps, which are known to crack easily.

I will say that my Potato was putting up pictures over the inks when this happened. The frame that fell was not secured; didn't have a hook, so the nail was hanging directly from the frame. As he hammered away, placing up other frames, the iffy frame fell and nearly gave me a heart attack. Happily, my Franklin-Christoph inks went unharmed (it comes without a box) though it sat close by.

While this did not happen during the frame incident, I have dropped a diamond shaped bottle on a tile floor while making some samples to send out. It was Bungbox 4B and I had just re-capped it. I turned, and, for what ever reason, it fell out of my hand. I winced, closed my eyes heard the bottle hit the floor hard, bouncing a few times. I thought it was gonna shatter, but aside from a small mar on the corner it landed on, it was fine.

Those diamond bottles are sturdy and thick. I don't believe any other ink bottle I own would have survived such a fall.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Rehei inks are out of stock and they have no estimated restock date. they indicated they might never get them back in. Just letting everyone know. I was pretty sad about not getting to try those ones of the Office Vendor ones. :(

I've given up on them all. I don't expect to be able to ever get some of the ones that I'd like. This thread has become depressing. I don't even know why I look at it anymore.

I am somewhat relieved about the scarcity & price increase for the Sailor inks. I bought probably a dozen between Cool Japan & Vanness when they first had them in stock. They are beautiful inks & have been a pleasure but I have since discovered other inks that I had not considered because of the "wow" factor of the newly discovered inks. Now I can put these inks "to bed" just as I have the quest for Montblanc Racing Green. It was/is GREAT but not available to me (@ least for the inflated prices it carries; but I have enjoyed "meeting" the Fountain Pen Hospital's exclusive Noodler's inks & recently found a bottle of S T Dupont Sepia which I probably wouldn't have noticed if I had not "moved on" from the Sailor inks.

I am happy to have been able to discover the Kwizi inks & use the Green Gold with almost the same enjoyment as I experienced with Cigar. I will continue to enjoy this "thread" but it will be much the way I enjoy reading recipe books, without having to recreate the recipes contained.

That shop has a notice that only two inks per order, only one ink color per order. Not very cost effective. If you order three or more, your order will be cancelled.

That shop has a notice that only two inks per order, only one ink color per order. Not very cost effective. If you order three or more, your order will be cancelled.

Doesn't matter much--most of them are sold out right now.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Well, I just read this War and Peace of threads, and it is fascinating. I've been a fountain pen user for half a century but I'm new here (thanks for letting me in), and I'm fascinated with the limited edition ink phenomenon, which is the one thing that I think is truly different from some years ago. The number of inks you can get now must be expanded by a factor of thousands since my college days. The enthusiasm you all express for Sailor inks has sparked my interest in the beauty and performance, but also the "quest" aspect. (A funny footnote to that is that some people are lamenting the popularity of the Sailor LE's, and moving on to whatever the next "desirable but not known to all the proles" thing may be.) Whether intentionally or not, Sailor has achieved a marketer's dream of perceived scarcity that rivals the days of Beanie Babies. I have already used the more easily attainable Shigure and Yama-dori, and found them both extremely attractive and nice in the pen. Only days ago I though Iroshizuku represented an expensive ink, but now I just paid $40 for a bottle of First Love Sapphire. I'll admit part of my reaction was that if I tracked down a bottle of the darn stuff, I had to buy it, but I'm interested to see if it is as magical as some think, or if the price of the hype is more than it should be. In a few days, I will find out. For now, as others put it, I probably have enough ink for the rest of my life, so unless the tall bottle becomes available again, I'm going to try to hold off for a while. I'll conclude by saying how much I appreciate the knowledge and aesthetic perception the people in this group have.

Edited by Pensei