The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc We Daniel Defoe - F

montblanc daniel defoe we

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2014 - 13:20

The de Balzac also was structured in this fashion with the pen outside the book box.

Mine wasn't. The outer white box of the Balzac is smaller than that of the Defoe. The size difference being where the Defoe was outside of the book box. I wonder if they changed their packaging after the initial release - maybe the pens were damaging the book boxes.
My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Sponsored Content

#22 PenTieRun

PenTieRun

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2014 - 20:42

Mine wasn't. The outer white box of the Balzac is smaller than that of the Defoe. The size difference being where the Defoe was outside of the book box. I wonder if they changed their packaging after the initial release - maybe the pens were damaging the book boxes.

Yes, I thought it strange that my book box had a place for the pen, but the pen was located outside the box.  You're likely correct about the damage issue.  I bought mine about 2 months after the initial release.

#23 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:12

congrats on a nice collection :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#24 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 18:41

Very nice pictures and commentary. Thank you.

#25 Eugen-of-Savoy

Eugen-of-Savoy

Numero Uno is Back !

• Member - Gold

• 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 22:07

Nice collection, congrats.

#26 pqu11

pqu11

pendropper

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 13:04

Looks absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing.

#27 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:26

The only thing that concerns me is that some of your pens (maybe all of them?) still have the nib size stickers on them which suggests to me that you do not write with them. I have to say that I agree with the member whose signature says something like "a pen is only a pretty stick until you ink it."

Brian, thanks for the comment. I am not interested in making money off the fountain pens. I am one of those dual collectors who uses "some" of his fountain pens while keeping the rest in "intact or mint" condition.  I simply have so many fountain pens and I could not even manage the rotation scheme anymore on daily basis. I will keep collecting the MB WE editoin every year. But, I think I won't be writing with it.  Also, I am not selling them. It is just good to have something no one can touch except myself.

My rationale: If I have a nice and "expensive" car, I have to worry about someone keying the paint or getting rock chips. Therefore, it is not worth flaunting my possessions out in the "wild."

I am satisfied with just holding my limited edition fountain pens in my own hands (I don't want to let anyone touch my fountain pens except for the authorized pen repair service situations. I quit my previous job partly due to the president of the company used my fountain pen without asking my permissions. I am exaggerating here. :) But, I have to admit that was one of the issues I have with that guy. Since then, I am very very careful about bringing my fountain pens out to the "wild." I only take cheap fountain pens less than USD 100 retail worth to my work.) when I have the time. 

Edited by Pen2009, 06 September 2014 - 09:27.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, daniel defoe, we

Sponsored Content

|