The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Show Off Your Esterbrooks!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#21 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 19:42

Here are a few of my girlfriend's Esterbrooks.  She purchased her first pen, a green dollar pen, from the Andersons at last year's DC pen show.  Some are additions she purchased, others are Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day gifts. Needless to say Esterbrooks are addictive. 

Attached Images

• Esterbrook-01.jpg
  • Esterbrook-03.jpg
  • Esterbrook-07.jpg
  • Esterbrook-08.jpg
  • Esterbrook-10.jpg
  • Esterbrook-05.jpg

Edited by NobleDel, 31 August 2014 - 20:39.

Sponsored Content

#22 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:36

Nice collection!  I love those nurse's pens.  I suspect I'll be seeing at least one of those, and a dollar pen, in my collection next year.

#23 Art

Art

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:56

Great pens. I really like the collection she's put together. 

#24 ISW_Kaputnik

ISW_Kaputnik

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,742 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2014 - 23:26

Every now and then, I produce a photograph that is sharp and detailed, showing that there is nothing wrong with my low end Fuji.  This photo is not that photo.  Still, it shows...

EsterB_zps4bf1b766.jpg

...my seven Js, one LJ, four SJs, two Dollar Pens, one M2, and the two working mechanical pencils.  I have two other mechanical pencils that aren't working.

Didn't really mean to get this many Esterbrooks, but after deciding that I had enough, they kept on showing up in batches of other pens that I wanted.  The blue SJ holds my favorite nib, a 9788, and is the most recent one to have been inked.

Edited by ISW_Kaputnik, 01 September 2014 - 23:27.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do." - Benjamin Franklin

#25 Inga

Inga

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:28

I love that grey dollar pen!

#26 majorworks

majorworks

Paperback Writer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 16:47

Here are a few of my girlfriend's Esterbrooks.  She purchased her first pen, a green dollar pen, from the Andersons at last year's DC pen show.  Some are additions she purchased, others are Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day gifts. Needless to say Esterbrooks are addictive. 

Very nice. Kudos on the photos as well. I really like bandless Dollars. I have only one banded Dollar, in BHR, but I wouldn't mind a bandless one (or three?) someday.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

#27 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 00:34

Majorworks, thank for the complements on the photos.  While I gave my girlfriend a couple Esterbrooks for Christmas last year, she gave me a photo light tent. The tent makes taking well lit pictures so easy, even I can do it. 

#28 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:27

I meant to comment on the photos too.

Very nicely done ND.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#29 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:55

Viewing other people's insanity makes me feel  better about myself.  Thank you, everyone !   :thumbup:   

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#30 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 14:55

I think you're only Really Insane, if you Can't recognize that you are. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#31 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:34

I think you're only Really Insane, if you Can't recognize that you are. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

LOL.  That said, I have another 3 ridge transitional J coming in the mail.  :lol:

#32 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2014 - 00:44

I got what sure looked in several pics like a Root Beer J. It's not, it's a Copper but it's Heavily Root Beer Streak laden.

It's gonna make Someone very happy. It should clean up nice. I'm thinking I'll put a quasi-Stub Venus Broad nib in it.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#33 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• 1,590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:20

Copper Esterbrook (J?) w/2284 nib.

15152844192_02dff47610_z.jpg

I thought I had lost this one, (fully 50% of my Esterbrook stock!) after just a month or so of 'getting acquainted'. 

Starting in July I made a few trips around the western US; Arizona, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah,  not a lot compared to some but let's just say I am now pretty darned good at tying my shoes while running down a p0lished linoleum corridor filled with mobile obstacles.

I'm in between trips just now (leaving for Vermont early Sunday am) so took time out to change up the rotation, and in doing so I realized this little beauty was nowhere to be found.  I turned my messy office upside down (once to see if, ... and then again just to make sure).  No luck. I then sat down and thought, slowly it dawned on me that this one had made that first trip to sweltering AZ in July.  I went through my carry on, my computer case, my messenger bag but again, no pen.   

Then earlier today the battery in one of my hearing aids started to die (I get a little carillon tune in my ear when this happens).  So I went to the secret zipper compartment in the bottom of my messy-enger bag and LO!, what should appear but my lovely little copper Estie swaddled in a snack size zip lock bag. 

Isn't it ironic how much you miss your water when the well runs dry?  All the worse in this case because this little pen writes like a champ and is a real looker.  That messenger bag fits under the seat so you can be sure it got kicked half way across the western US, quite a test for an old fountain pen.  So fearing the worst but anxious to know, I pulled it out, wiped the ink off the nib, swabbed out the cap and put pen to paper.  Off she went like a pup fresh from the kennel.  It was as if this pen was writing itself!  Never skipped a beat, you would have thought it had been sitting in the pen stand on the desk overnight.

As a general rule I don't travel with expensive, or 'special' pens.  I broke the rule this time because I had only recently acquired the pen and was still fully engaged in the infatuation phase. I'm sure you all know what I mean.  I considered taking it with me to Vermont, but that's not going to happen. Airplane overheads and seatback pockets, rental car consoles, motel desk drawers and restaurant booth cushions are all something like black holes for me.  I have my traveling act pretty much together but it is not uncommon to find airport paperbacks, water bottles, packs of gum, and cheap sunglasses mysteriously missing from time to time.

Likely I will have a trusty but expendable Schaeffer No Nonsense or something similar with me.   But let me tell you, today was a very good day even if I am staring at a cross country flight on Sunday.  It gets better, the Hawks played last night so I won't think much about football while in the air.

happy as a clam in sand I would say.

#34 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:24

Wonderful story! Great looking pen.

Reminds me of a few adventures my first Esty went through. 

Thanks!

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

#35 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:00

Your Estis are beautiful. 

Some have quite a collection!!!!!

Here are mine: a very small contribution :)

By the way, could you tell me where could I find a flexible Esterbrook, or compatible, nib which will not cost a fortune, please?

hl61.jpg

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#36 Freshink

Freshink

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2014 - 16:46

Here's a quick shot from my iPhone.  Note the missing cap on the transitional black Esty... :(   If anyone has a spare, I would be interested in discussing...

73736c09-ef4c-4cf7-8193-f5885745ff58.jpg

#37 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 17:48

A few more of my girlfriend's Esterbrooks. Funny, a couple of birthdays, holidays, and pens shows and this happens. Good thing these pens are affordable.

Attached Images

• Esterbrook-06.jpg
  • Esterbrook-04.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1533.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1510.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1519.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1512.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1531.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1505.jpg
  • Esterbrook-1507.jpg

#38 purplepen

purplepen

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 19:21

LOVE the green in the first photo !!

#39 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 23:30

Thanks. It has stripes instead of the usual marbled plastic. It's commonly called an icicle. Freshink has a few in his photo, too.

Edited by NobleDel, 07 September 2014 - 23:34.

#40 NobleDel

NobleDel

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2014 - 23:41

Some of mine. The number has pretty much doubled since I took this photo.

attachicon.gifPhoto Apr 26, 3 20 03 PM.jpg

Hey Chad,

Very nice collection. Is the fourth pen from the left a Visumaster? Does it work?

Sponsored Content

|