The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc In The Attic! Help With Id Please...

identification 135 montblanc

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 LittleNik

LittleNik

Near Mint

• Member - Bronze

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 14:18

OK...so now I'm even more confused!!! Just been doing a bit more research and looked at the number on the main barrel of my MB pen. It is 652405 which I have found out is the D.R.P. number. This same number, D.R.P. 652405, was mentioned on Max's website as being from a pen produced in1936. This would then suggest my pen was pre-WW2, yet the suggestion for the unusual clip design, compared to other pens, was that my pen was a wartime pen and that metal had to be taken from wherever it could be found so designs during this period may vary. If my A Level History serves me well (many years on!) then there's a bit of an anomaly here with a conflict between the odd shaped clip, the 136 wartime pen and the pre-WW2 D.R.P. number. I think....? Or, does the D.R.P. number just reflect when the patent was applied and so it can be used in later (wartime) pens also? Any ideas??

Sponsored Content

#62 LittleNik

LittleNik

Near Mint

• Member - Bronze

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 14:26

At last...a pen with a clip just like mine! It looks the same in other ways too - the bands and barrel size etc. The owner of this pen says it has a 1950's nib. The nib looks similar to mine but it's hard to tell as my pen needs cleaning - the nib is covered with dried ink! Any other ideas as to id now?

MB136Capped_zps7e8b9c33.jpg

#63 fountainpende

fountainpende

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:00

D.R.P. means "Deutsches Reichspatent" .... D.R.P. 652405 is just the number that was used for the patent used for the ink window ... it does not provide any information on the year of production .... i.e. a patent is usually used for several years

you will find more information here:

http://www.maxpens.d...r/mbpatente.htm

Edited by fountainpende, 18 August 2014 - 16:01.

www.fountainpen.de- the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

Posted Image

#64 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2014 - 16:12

If you copy the above Link  and paste it into the Google Search,you will then get 3 results, and for one you can get a Google translation, not all  will be translated but enough to make it interesting reading ...

#65 LittleNik

LittleNik

Near Mint

• Member - Bronze

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 17:14

If you copy the above Link  and paste it into the Google Search,you will then get 3 results, and for one you can get a Google translation, not all  will be translated but enough to make it interesting reading ...

Thanks to you both for this information, I thought as much with regards to the D.R.P.

#66 Masque

Masque

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 January 2016 - 17:19

I would greatly enjoy reading the end of this story, if it has yet been written.

#67 Rosetta59

Rosetta59

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:25

I would greatly enjoy reading the end of this story, if it has yet been written.

Me too, it would be of great joy to see the pen restored, if it has been done...
Greetings from Italy to you all !! ;)

#68 AtticPen

AtticPen

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 23:32

Me too, it would be of great joy to see the pen restored, if it has been done...

I have just been re-visiting this thread this evening. I am glad to say that the pen in question has indeed been restored and I use it daily. I will post photos tomorrow!

#69 KellenPAC

KellenPAC

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 14:26

I have just been re-visiting this thread this evening. I am glad to say that the pen in question has indeed been restored and I use it daily. I will post photos tomorrow!

Congrats, we need pics!

#70 AtticPen

AtticPen

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 20:33

Congrats, we need pics!

Here are some photos! Tried to get a close up of the 136/5. The restoration is the work of Francis.

Attached Images

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#71 KellenPAC

KellenPAC

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2017 - 13:48

Nice!

#72 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2017 - 22:09

May we see a writing sample?

#73 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 21:44

The more I look at this, the more I am convinced that the final number is a 5.

The number 6 has a more rounded top line (see the DRP number on the same pen, beginning 65...) and here we can see a very flat line on the final number, surely a 5?

I'm not going to fly in the face of the experts, whose knowledge and experience I respect - but, it would be nice to discover a new rare pen in the attic!

Whichever it turns out to be - Great pen. Very nice find and congratulations to you (and Francis) on a top class restoration.

Enjoy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: identification, 135, montblanc

Sponsored Content

|