2015 Hobonichi Planner To Be Released Soon

wikeh2004

To Paperdarts:

Was the cover you saw one of the leather ones that goes for $300? If so, then you made the same mistake that I did when I was first checking out the hobonichi website. As a matter of fact, they don't sell those leather ones outside of Japan, but there are lots of other reasonably priced covers if you check out the Japanese version/ Techo Original. Any one of the A6 covers workes for the English version, and they leather, tweed, faux fur, zip bags, vinyl, silicon (all though I wouldn't recommend those) and all sorts of colours and patterns. Go nuts!

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wikeh2004

• de_pen_dent

• cancoi

• choijanggun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To Paperdarts:

Was the cover you saw one of the leather ones that goes for $300? If so, then you made the same mistake that I did when I was first checking out the hobonichi website. As a matter of fact, they don't sell those leather ones outside of Japan, but there are lots of other reasonably priced covers if you check out the Japanese version/ Techo Original. Any one of the A6 covers workes for the English version, and they leather, tweed, faux fur, zip bags, vinyl, silicon (all though I wouldn't recommend those) and all sorts of colours and patterns. Go nuts!

Thanks for this and the PM drawing it to my attention - I appreciate it! I'll be "going nuts" in the near future. NOT with the leather ones from Japan, unfortunately.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

• 2 weeks later...

^ Yeah, that Gfeller cover is amazing. Feels good, supple, even smells amazing. I just needed something with more function. The Hobonichi cover has 9 pockets and a pen loop. More bulky for sure, but more useful. I'm looking high and low for a 4x6 journal refill for the Gfeller cover...the only thing I've found so far is a refill from those Renaissance Art book people, but that has thick handmade paper sewn into thick signatures. I would need thinner, lined paper. So the search continues.

Hi Kevan,

How about the Midori MD Cotton notebook in Small? Dimensions 6 x 4 and great paper for fountain pens. I use an A5 for journaling. I'm waiting my first ever Hobonichi with the Coohem red tweed cover, to arrive from Japan (well, it's currently stuck in UK customs, so I'm just waiting on them). There is a Coohem white tweed for the A5 Hobonichi Cousin which I'm considering buying for my A5 Midori cotton notebooks. I have small writing but won't be using my Hobonichi A6 for much writing as it's too small. I'll be using my Hobonichi for snippets and daily planning, alongside journalling in my Midori A5 (hopefully with that matching Coohem white tweed :-))

I buy my Midori from the Journal Shop though they are out of stock in small at the mo:

http://www.thejournalshop.com/midori-md-cotton-notebook-small

Good luck

• 4 months later...

I just ordered one (yes, I'm late but I've been fighting the Hobonichi bug - I lost). Anyway, I ordered from the 1101 website. Does anyone know if I'll be hit with custom/import fees once it gets to the US? Also, does anyone know the average shipping time? Now that the bug has got me I'm anxious ;)

Thanks!

I never had to pay them. It didn't take very long for my order to get to me once I sent it in--maybe a week?

I never had to pay them. It didn't take very long for my order to get to me once I sent it in--maybe a week?

Thanks! Now that I've made up my mind and bit the bullet I'm anxious for it. We need like a large pneumatic tube (like at the bank) from Japan to here so we can just send all their cool stationary items instantly. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Just gave in to temptation - ordered the original since the english version didn't seen to come as an April start, with a midnight blue cover, writing board and a cool olfa cutter to make perforated pages that I will probably never be able to find replacement blades for. And the weekly suppliment thing too since it also had an April start. I tend to go a little crazy when i get flat rate shipping from the other side of the world!