2015 Hobonichi Planner To Be Released Soon

wikeh2004

Hi, fans of Hobonichi Techo planners and Tomoe River paper! The 2015 planner and new covers will be released soon and available on their webstore on September 1st.

This is the present English webstore page.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/index.html

Dunno if it'll change for the 2015 version.

------------

This was on their Facebook page.

IMPORTANT: 2014 Hobonichi Planner store closing August 19th!

We're getting closer to the grand opening of our 2015 online store!
In order to prepare for the release of our 2015 edition Hobonichi Planner and the full lineup of all-new covers, the current Hobonichi Store will be CLOSING on August 19th, 11 AM Japan time (2 AM GMT, August 18 at 7 PM PDT).

If you would like a 2014-edition planner or cover, please make your purchases soon! Once the store is closed, these products will no longer be available. But soon enough we'll have a big lineup of gorgeous new covers to make it hard for you to decide again!

Our big announcement to reveal all the new designs and planners will take place at the end of the month, about a week or so before the new store opens.
The 2015 edition Hobonichi Store will go online on September 1st, 11 AM Japan time (2 AM GMT, August 31 at 7 PM PDT).

*NOTE: If you would like to order a 2014-edition product and potentially ship it with a 2015-edition product to save on shipping, you can complete your order now, go back to your account and view current orders, and there will be a button to "Hold Shipping" for up to 60 days. This will give you time to combine orders later and ship together. If you don't end up ordering anything, you can just release the shipping hold when the time comes. (Walkthrough coming soon!)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wikeh2004

• de_pen_dent

• cancoi

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice. I started using my first Techo this January and I love it. It did take me a few months to get into it but once I did I was in love. Not sure if I'll go for another cover or not.

Want.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Here's some more news from Hobonichi's FB page. They're previewing some of their 2015 covers. Very cool. Also, they are coming out with a two volume set of 2015 planners in both the A6 and A5 sizes (Techo and Cousin). That is, Jan-Jun, and Jul-Dec, for those desiring a lighter and more comfortable fit in their covers. Sorry, these new versions, called Avec, are only available in Japanese. The English version of the 2015 Techo will have updates but no major changes. Still no Cousin version in English. :-(

Announcements due late tonight for US.

More cover previews on their FB site.

------------

Sneak Peek at a few 2015 Hobonichi Techo Covers

Our lineup announcement will be this Friday, August 22nd Japan time (Thursday evening in North America.) As we wait with bated breath for the big reveal of 76 new designs, we’ve taken a handful of our new up-and-coming covers to show off in the meantime.

A6 Original Size
MOTHER 2: Onett
10557421_253933128139882_797742490877505

This very special cover is modeled after Shigesato Itoi’s 1994 Super Nintendo game, MOTHER 2 (EarthBound in North America). The design features the townscape of Onett, including the scenic Beak Point on the west side of town. The cover interior and bookmark charms are bright yellow, the bookmark strings are green, and the pen holders feature Onett’s forest and sea. The cover showcases all the bright colors of the game to make you feel as if you’re sitting in front of a Super Nintendo, and included with every cover is a red Mr. Saturn pencil board.

A6 Original Size
minä perhonen: hana hane
10363530_253933198139875_358596423224571

This year, the 2015 edition lineup will feature 8 designs by designer textile brand minä perhonen. minä perhonen’s name comes from the Finnish words for “I” (minä) and butterfly (perhonen). This popular minä perhonen design is based on their namesake, as butterflies gently flutter across the cover with their colorful, flower-like wings. The interaction of contrasting colors, ink blots and smears have all been carefully preserved from the original hand-painted art. The round droplets making their way down the matching threaded bookmarks lead to charms made from the same material as the inside of the cover.

A6 Original Size
Shoko Nakagawa: mmts
10590596_253933271473201_701510784666901

This cover features a charming illustration by multitalented Japanese celebrity Shoko Nakagawa. She drew a picture of her beloved cat Mamitasu, whose initials appear in the cover name, and paid special attention to the color scheme to keep it chic yet appealing for users of all ages. The print has been carefully reproduced in a way that preserves the original illustration, as seen in the striking color of the eyes. We’ve chosen a coarse material for the cover to bring Mamitasu’s furry presence to life, and applied the whiskers in a special silk print to make them really stand out. This cover promises to liven things up every time you pull it out of your bag.

A6 Original Size
Naoki Ishikawa: Himalaya
936090_253933344806527_67265644400667341

This cover features a print by photographer Naoki Ishikawa, who at the time was the youngest person in the world to climb the Seven Summits. This is a photograph of Lobuche Peak in Nepal, which stands at 6,119 meters (20,075 feet). The stark contrast of white snow against the ultramarine sky serves as a beautiful backdrop to the vitality of all those who climb its perilous peaks, one step at a time. We’ve paid special attention to the colors during printing by applying dye in several layers to retain the true colors of the sky on the cotton material. Just looking at this cover is enough to pull its user into the vast world around us.

A6 Original Size
World Folk Patterns: Otomi
10408910_253933438139851_247083395897982

Every year, our lineup includes a cover in the popular “World Folk Patterns” series, which features motifs from all over the world. This year’s design comes to us from Masako Kusakabe of the Taku Satoh Design Office, a firm headed by the designer of the Hobonichi Techo. The cover is modeled after designs used by the Otomi tribe, a dwindling native population in Mexico known for their beautiful embroidered patterns. The supernatural imagery of plants and animals evoke an Otomi mythology that’s been passed across generations, illustrated here in turquoise silhouettes over a white background for a crisp, refreshing look. The design is accented by a bright yellow interior and gray pen holders, giving this cute cover a mature flair that should appeal to users of all ages.

WEEKS
hula
10599142_253933474806514_195106092368703

The cover lineup for the WEEKS also promises lots of color and variety. The palm trees and hula dancers over the pink hue of the background are reminiscent of a vintage Hawaiian shirt. If you look closely at the dancers, you’ll see only one of three girls has her hands raised in dance to bring together the feel of the rhythmic music. The material of this material is similar to that of a necktie.

Here's info on the Avec version. From Hobonichi's FB page.

------

Introducing the New Two-Part Hobonichi Techo, avec

Nice to meet you! I’m “avec.”

10614343_253875911478937_434420512995144

Introducing the very first two-part Hobonichi Techo, split into six months each. The books are each half the thickness and weight of the Hobonichi Techo, and are split from January to June and July to December. Everything is the same as the original full-year books (which are available as usual!), and the avec is also in Japanese. Now you can have a techo that’s lighter and easier to carry with you. We’ve named the avec after the French word “with” to express how this special new book wants to be with you by your side.

10593110_253879378145257_417733978710370There is an A6 Original avec and an A5 Cousin avec, each acting as the counterpart to its full year version. The “avec Original” is 2,200 yen (about $22 USD) and the “avec Cousin” is 3,800 yen (about $38 USD).

10625101_253879441478584_886308386493117

The covers are matched with a calm color scheme of moss green and sand beige to make it easy to tell the two books apart. The avec is designed to look like a notebook for users who like the feel of carrying around a light book.
10352558_253879774811884_332674330864396

10559722_253879481478580_828821111904100The inside design, features, and extra pages in the back are almost the same as the full version. The avec books are essentially just the Original and Cousin Hobonichi Techos cut in half. The avec version has slightly less pages for the Favorites, Time Table, and blank memo pages, and there are no 2-day-per-page sections. Please note that the avec Cousin does not have the weekly calendar. Also, in order to make a smooth transition between books, the monthly calendars are listed in the first book from January to September, and in the second book from July to March. The avec is only offered with Monday-start calendars.

10568824_253879544811907_173489122019087The weight and thickness is about half of its full-year version:

Thickness
Original full-year: 0.55” (14mm) → avec Original: 0.35”(9mm)
Cousin full-year: 0.67” (17mm) → avec Cousin: 0.35” (9mm)

Weight
Original full-year: 210g → avec Original: 118g
Cousin full-year: 489g → avec Cousin: 241g

The avec Original and avec Cousin are 240 pages each, making them much thinner and lighter than the full Original (464 pages) and full Cousin (544 pages).

10354587_253879581478570_789440097210691 The avec versions fit Hobonichi Techo covers perfectly. If you have a cover you’ve used previously for an Original or Cousin, or are buying a new cover this year, you can fit the A6 Original techo cover onto the A6 avec Original, and the A5 Cousin techo cover onto the A5 avec Cousin. If you’re used to using a full-year Hobonichi Techo in a cover, the thinner size will make it feel a bit different in your hands, but once you get used to the difference you’ll enjoy the lighter weight and slim body.

1530432_253879688145226_1163818451893357

1530432_253879618145233_7964170685341063 Buying the avec Hobonichi Techo:

• The avec is only offered as a two-book set, and is only available on the Hobonichi Online Store. Some Loft department stores in Japan will have the books on display-only in stores, but the avec version is not available for sale in stores.
  • The exclusive free gifts that come with Original or Cousin book orders through the Hobonichi Store are also eligible with the avec versions.
  • The avec versions will not be sold in sets with any covers. Please purchase the avec book set on its own, then choose a cover and purchase it with the “Cover Only” option.
  • The avec version books will not be offered in the English-version store, so purchases will have to be made on the Japanese website. This only involves adding the product to your cart from the Japanese product page, as you can switch to English immediately once you get to your shopping cart. This will still be the walkthrough for purchases through the Japanese store.

10440981_253879644811897_520738631225011Reasons for using an avec Hobonichi Techo:

• I like using two different kinds of notebooks in one cover.
  • I want a planner that’s slimmer and more compact so I can carry it in my pocket or small purse.
  • I paste lots of things in my techo and it gets super thick, but I want to be able to keep using my favorite cover.

1506579_253879848145210_8943986589572939

The avec opens a whole new range of possibilities for the Hobonichi Techo. We would like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts with us in our annual survey, for helping us develop this new family member to the lineup.

I am really, really interested in these planners. I used a wonderful Delfonics linen A5 planner in 2013 that was perfect while I worked from home on my own, but then started working at an office where we all use Google Calendar. Since all of its online I feel like it would be redundant to use a paper planner...but this is making me think I might try.

I like the look of the 2 volume journals! I find that the full year one can be just a tad heavy with a leather cover.

I really want to purchase a Hobonichi planner, as I reverted to using paper journals, this year, to keep track of my schedule. However, the price demanded by the Journal Shop seems rather high, especially when it does not cost that much to order directly from Japan. I will do my research.

I really want to purchase a Hobonichi planner, as I reverted to using paper journals, this year, to keep track of my schedule. However, the price demanded by the Journal Shop seems rather high, especially when it does not cost that much to order directly from Japan. I will do my research.

I will be ordering direct from Japan, as I usually do. Even including shipping it will be cheaper than ordering from The Journal Shop. The ordering process is really simple. I usually order the Hobo from the English language site and then order add-ons from the Japanese site. It is very straightforward and delivery is very quick.

Unless you want a specific limited edition cover it is worth waiting till after the first rush of orders following release. They never sell out of the actual planner, and if a cover sells out they usually re-stock several times over the next few months. I wait till end of September to place my order and never have any problems with stock.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Thank you for your detailed reply. I won't order until closer to the end of the year, once I have researched properly and decided on the cover I want. It is good to know that it is not that difficult to use the Japanese website. :)

I usually use A5 diaries, so the A6 version seems rather small, considering I write quite a lot in my diaries. Having said that, I do love the layout. A Hobonichi planner is definitely in my future.

Edited by vistafan

I started a 2014 Hobo a few months ago. I just use it for daily to-do lists, but it makes staying organized a real pleasure! It's also the first planner I've ever been able to stick to. Definitely buying the 2015 version later this year.

I started a 2014 Hobo a few months ago. I just use it for daily to-do lists, but it makes staying organized a real pleasure! It's also the first planner I've ever been able to stick to. Definitely buying the 2015 version later this year.

Agreed :)

I love grided paper and the Hobo is the only place Tomoe River comes in grid style thatI know. This is just one of the many excellent features.

Hi, fans of Hobonichi Techo planners and Tomoe River paper! The 2015 planner and new covers will be released soon and available on their webstore on September 1st.

This is the present English webstore page.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2014/planner/index.html

Dunno if it'll change for the 2015 version.

Hobonichi says to go to www.hobonichiplanner.com for the English version page. If you go now, it still shows the 2014, but I figure it'll switch to 2015 on September 1st, just a few days away. Woo Hoo!

The Hobonichi Planner store for 2015 is available for viewing, although orders can't be placed until September 1st, Monday. You can preview the covers, and now you can order the accessories and almost anything Hobonichi on the English language site. Woo hoo!

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/index.html

One notable thing. They have a notebook (Hobonichi Papers) that fits in the Planner cover that has tear off pages. I thought at first that it uses Tomoe River paper, but I'm not so sure. Maybe someone who has bought it before can tell us.

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_toolstoys/tt_o_papers.html

Go HoboNuts go!

@wikeh2004: That Hobonichi notebook doesn't have Tomoe River paper--it's stated on the page that it uses woodfree uncoated paper.

SUPER excited about this going on sale tomorrow. I've been putting off buying one for years (don't know how I resisted) but now that I'm back to regularly using a planner/journal I think it's high time to buy one. Shame I missed out on last year's covers, though--Robin's Egg isn't available anymore. =.=

I'm glad they're making a weekly diary in the A6 size available for purchase--and with Tomoe River paper too! I'll probably be using that weekly diary as the planner and then using the techo itself as my journal.

Shame I missed out on last year's covers, though--Robin's Egg isn't available anymore. =.=

Sorry for you; I have the Duck Egg Blue leather cover and it's beautiful.