The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Please Help Me Find The Missing Pieces

sheaffer restoration restore nib feed section parts vintage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mannyboy2680

mannyboy2680

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2014 - 23:42

Hi guys! In one of my most recent trips to my grandpa's house, he noticed the fountain pens I was carrying, and to my delight he used to have some himself! He looked around the house, and could only find this, which he gave to me:

http://imgur.com/zsf3suq

It is an unidentified Sheaffer 14k gold nib, possibly extra fine, which writes beautifully and takes Sheaffer cartridges. That's about all the information I have on it though. I would really really REALLY love to find replacements to the missing parts, so that I can have this beautiful pen up and running again as one of my daily writers. This holds tremendous sentimental value for me due to the fact that my grandpa gave it to me, and I'd love to fully restore it to usable condition.

Any help in pointing to the right direction will be GREATLY appreciated. thanks in advance guys!

Attached Images

• zsf3suq.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 15:31

Probably a Stylist of a later sort (I've only got pictures of the early ones, but you can get an idea of the shape of pen you're looking for).  There's not vast numbers of them running around, but they're also not usually going for very high prices.  A similar section also showed up in Lady Sheaffers of about the same age, but it's less likely a grandfather will have been using one of them.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

#3 mannyboy2680

mannyboy2680

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:18

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried googling both pens, but I'm not having any luck finding any parts for either. Do you have any idea where I may find these, or am I better off just machining a new body and cap out of aluminum or brass?

#4 athar201

athar201

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:23

i can give you its a sheaffer stylist and i can give you a cap and the barrel for it and if you need a convertor too mail me please and this nib can be fitted to a more than one model of sheaffer 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, restoration, restore, nib, feed, section, parts, vintage

Sponsored Content

|