Lamy 2000 Struggling On Rhodia Webnotebook - Help!

brodymcd

If you have a strong enough magnifying glass it would be worth checking to see if the tines are properly aligned. If they aren't, then rotating the pen slightly will make it not start right away, and Lamy 2000 is easier than most other pens to rotate slightly.

Noodler's black can also sometimes get quite think and not flow as well as many other inks. I've had a bottle that I think a lot of the water evaporated. Get a bottle of de-ionized water and dilute the ink, that should make it flow better without affecting the colour or permanence.

It is also a pen that needs a little "breaking in." By that I mean it needs to be used for a few weeks before it gets to it's top performance, so if it's not too bad then I might give it a chance to fix itself. If it still doesn't, then try some of the things suggested. You could also go back to the retailer, they may be able to switch your pens, or contact Lamy they have really good customer service.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brodymcd

• Algester

• carlos.q

• Lyander0012

Well - I got my Goulet Pens tuning set tonight. Loupe shows nib aligned. Brass sheet flossing was difficult - those tines must be tight! It got easier, and I think the flow is better now. It seems to be helping; let's hope it stays that way.

Thank you ALL for your help!

Brody

My L2000 was fussy.

It had a small sweet spot.

This is similar to my Parker 51. I found the hooded nibs give you less visual of the nib, so you have less visual clues to determine the proper rotational angle of the pen. So it is very easy to be off the sweet spot or move off of the sweet spot as you write and rotate the pen in your hand. This is just something that you have to get used to. I've used my 51 for over a year, and I will still rotate off the sweet spot. Granted the nib of the 51 is even more hidden than the L2000.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• 1 month later...

I've found hooded nib to be awful in the look department.

It's those dreadful hooded fine nibs. Not that wonderful French paper.

Never ceases to confuse me why FPNers like those ultra-fine or fine hooded nibs.

Because they are no good. They don't lay down enough ink.

Buy (if you can) get Bold, BB, BBB or one of those music nib that lay a line as thick as a brush.

Go German. Germans make great pens. And, for that matter great full size nibs, the only women and men, on earth that are more into Bold nibs are those from Italy. (And the United States.)

;)

PS: I am aware that hooded nib bestsellers Parker 51 and Lamy 2000 have been writing more words than imaginable.

I just prefer the aesthetic of full nibs.

Rhodia has also been a bestseller for 80 years and Herbin for more than a couple of centuries.

Let me brandish my rooster (emblem of France) :happyberet:

People with a country using a wilder animal as emblem, need to stop :lol:

Without the rooster, there is no egg hence no omelette, no crepes, no tartes, no creme brulee, no profiteroles, no...

I need breakfast!

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I got a fine Lamy 2000 in the last few months, and had to widen the tines, it was very dry.

Didn't skip or anything (even on rhodia) but was very dry.

Once I opened them up it works like a charm.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png