The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ink's Settling

inks noodler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shawng

shawng

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:48

I had a bottle of Noodler, Rome Burning, sitting on my self which I had not touched for a while. Finally decided to put it in one of my pens but once i had the ink appeared to be very light. I then shook the bottle of ink and refilled the pen and found the ink returned to its original colour. Is this normal? Thanks.  

Sponsored Content

#2 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Mr. Pink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:15

I don't know about Rome Burning, but it's not all that unusual.

#3 shawng

shawng

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:02

What is the best way to fix this problem?

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:12

What is the best way to fix this problem?

Pretty much what you did.  Shake the bottle before opening it.

I had this happen with a bottle of El Lawrence -- it had been fine, I'd been using it.  Then took it out of rotation for a few weeks, and the next fill it was really watered down looking.  When I went to refill the pen I shook the bottle up first and it was fine: looked just like the ink I've come to love for it's permanence and weird coloration.

Now I'm wondering if I should do the same with 54th MA -- the color in the bottle is a lot lighter and bluer than the sample I had of it.  OTOH, I'm not sure but what I like it better this way....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inks, noodler

Sponsored Content

|