The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

(I C U) Ink Review - Susemai - Red Cashmere

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 bstnnyc

bstnnyc

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:16

I thought I would update on my Red Cashmere test! I mixed the powder with 25ml of water back in December and before going home for the holidays (around the 20th) I filled the ink in a Pilot Custom 74. It's one of my only c/cs so I love using it when I'm still trying to figure out how an ink behaves before putting it in one of my go-to piston and/or vintage pens.

I used the pen lightly until about the second week of January and decided to leave it inked for another couple weeks to see if/how it would evolve. Fast forward to today. The ink has been unused in the pen for about a month and it started immediately without any priming when I tried to write with it. There wasn't any ink dried in the feed or on the nib. Cleaning was very easy using a bulb syringe and the converter had 0 staining after rinsing. Overall I would say this is one very well behaved ink! :wub:

Edited by bstnnyc, 11 February 2015 - 06:22.

Sponsored Content

#142 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 17:41

I am so glad you have enjoyed it!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#143 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 23:35

OK, I know, right?  Where have I been?  Just got ahold of some Tomoe River paper, and the sheen from Red Cashmere is phenomenal!  You almost can't tell what color it is for the shiney surface!

fpn_1429832118__infinite_games.jpeg

#144 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 00:15

OK, I know, right?  Where have I been?  Just got ahold of some Tomoe River paper, and the sheen from Red Cashmere is phenomenal!  You almost can't tell what color it is for the shiney surface!

Ahhhh... Red Cashmere.. my only true love in red inks..  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#145 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:00

It's stunning.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#146 fireant

fireant

The Good Twin

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:48

fpn_1429832118__infinite_games.jpeg

Your handwriting/penmanship is gorgeous!

#147 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 22:41

And did I mention that you can now buy this?

https://justwrite.co...ountain-Pen-Ink

blackstone-red-cashmere-fountain-pen-ink

#148 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:39

shikishi-parents-800px.jpg

Tas found some Susemai cashmere packets and shipped them to me ... here is Red Cashmere, a smooth and lovely ink.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Sponsored Content

|