• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mardi13

• pen2paper

• Glenn Atkins

• FayeV

umm, yes.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

I was getting worried, haven't seen Bruce post in many days, hope everything is OK.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

He's probably just suffering from fatigue -- he's been doing this every week for what, a couple of months now? He puts an amazing amount of work into those listings. And then having people b*tch and moan about how he's helping the sellers (but honestly, an older model Pelikan 100 with a 1 mm stub for just over $40? Exactly how is this is helping the seller? Seemed to me it helped the seller only as far as the seller actually made a sale -- did *me* a whole lot more good. :thumbup:).

Or else he figures that we're all busy calculating our discretionary fund allotments -- after all, it's just a couple of weeks till DCSS.... :lol:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thank you all for your kind concerns.

All is basically copasetic here in (VERY <sweat, pant>) Sunny Slocala, Flo-ree-duh.

It was just highly beneficial for me to be reminded by the ever positive, helpful and insightful NCGibbon in his last post in the Mpac thread, that I should have better things to do with 6-8 hrs of each of my Saturdays.

There's also another whole different eye opener there for me but to further discuss That is even More Verboten than personal attacks on fellow members Used to be here on FPN.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I'm glad to hear that you're OK. And hobbies are a lot more fun if you treat 'em like hobbies :)

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

I felt myself looking for the thread, yet I somehow still managed to get yet another pen....I need to slow down or stop. :yikes:

Well, that was a lotta dramaz. Yeeesh. (As in, the thread you referenced.)

Glad you're OK. And just because you started doing the lists doesn't mean you have to continue. Or make it monthly instead of weekly. It shouldn't be an obligation.

BTW, that weird Condor pen came. I'll post about it over in the Fleabay thread when I get a chance.

Edited by Mardi13

ok.. not following many of the threads here recently.. but, when the entertaining and helpful fleabay post was mia, as well as one of the pen community contributors, this whole odd week seemed more askew.

we may not closely attached, but nonetheless, it should be comforting to know one is missed.

Bruce,

Forget those critics, if they don't like your hard work let them try to do better, be quiet, or just not look. I haven't bought anything from the list yet, but that is due to present budgets. However I sure enjoy looking!

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

Bruce,

Forget those critics, if they don't like your hard work let them try to do better, be quiet, or just not look. I haven't bought anything from the list yet, but that is due to present budgets. However I sure enjoy looking!

Indeed! I got a pen early on in the Bruce's List series, but carefully look at the chosen pens each week as they are many valuable lessons to be learned there, both about pens and about buying things on eBay.

Bruce, thank you for the time and effort you put into these listings.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

It is so good to see you resurface again. I only pop on occasionally and haven't followed all the threads to see what has happened recently. I appreciate all the effort you put into helping me and others here on the forum.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Bruce! Without your very kind, incredible and knowledgeable help, I would not have my AMAZING Midnight Blue demi P 51!!!

Octatonic

Octatonic