#121 Feanaaro

Feanaaro

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2015 - 21:02

I've reviewed it weeks ago. (the black aluminium though, not the titanium).

#122 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2015 - 21:29

Titanium pens are still in production: machining the metal took a lot longer than they expected, and they needed to add an additional process (de-burring) before bead-blasting to produce the desired finish. I reckon they're looking at another 2-3 weeks, but that's just a guess...

#123 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2015 - 21:31

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for my black anodised aluminium pen - apparently there was a glitch in the system which caused them to miss a few (like 80 or 90)of their customers.

#124 mtnbiker62

mtnbiker62

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2015 - 15:21

I got a notice about a month ago, and still have not received my pen...guess I'll have to send them a message.  I ordered a black aluminum pen also.

#125 Feanaaro

Feanaaro

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 13:54

meanwhile... has anyone received the titanium version yet?

#126 siima

siima

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 20:56

Mine arrived today.

Photo by Brian Gratwicke.

#127 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:47

Mine arrived today.

And...?

I've had the black aluminium version for nearly a week - lovin' it.  The Bock B nib (stainess steel) is nice and juicy, while the F nib (Titanium) is a very different (but very pleasant) writing experience!

#128 siima

siima

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 23:43

And...?

I've had the black aluminium version for nearly a week - lovin' it.  The Bock B nib (stainess steel) is nice and juicy, while the F nib (Titanium) is a very different (but very pleasant) writing experience!

I meant to say that my Titanium Deluxe version arrived today, just what Feanaaro was asking about above.

#129 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 00:04

I meant to say that my Titanium Deluxe version arrived today, just what Feanaaro was asking about above.

Sorry, the "And...?" was an implicit invitation to tell us what you think of it!

Edited by Jamerelbe, 31 March 2015 - 00:05.

#130 siima

siima

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 14:31

Sorry, the "And...?" was an implicit invitation to tell us what you think of it!

:) I was way too tired when I read your post. I think the pen looks much better live than in pictures. Titanium nib is pretty smooth and it seems to write a nice fine line. Obviously the pen is quite heavy, easily heaviest pen I have ever owned, but that didn't come as a surprise. I'll have to keep testing to see how this pen performs in the long run but so far I'm happy I bought the pen.

#131 Icywolfe

Icywolfe

I <3 Anime

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:01

Got mine yesterday... and my Ti pen is lighter than I though. The weight balance is great! Much better than the Monteverde Invincia which I hate using because it's heavy.

The Bock Ti nib F seems like a very thick F (A bit bigger than the Pilot M)

The cuts on the grip seems a bit too sharp.

You shoudn't flex the nib while it can flex a tiny bit I feel the limit too soon.

-----

I would love to show a writing sample but printer's scanner is like...... funky..... or broken.  But for F nib it's a bit too thick for my tastes for drawing/sketching purposes. I thought it would be a great pen for that purpose.

letterji9.png

Pilot: Justus95, Elabo, Custom 912, Custom 74 Music, VP, Elite 18k, Dipper, Crystal, Parallel, Metro, Knight, Birdie, Custom 743 Falcon, Custom 742 Posting

Platinum: PTL5000, Preppy, Deskpen, Brushpen(Kuretake)

Sailor: 55 Fude, 55 Fude Profit

:D  I don't know the meaning of a Ball Point. :D

hail5torm.com