Kickstarter For Nexus Fountain Pen

MrThoth

I exchanged a couple of emails, and they mentioned that the aluminium ones were ready, but maybe the titanium should arrive next week, so there is that. Though of course I have no way to check on that.

Edit: actually that was happening last week, so the Titanium pen should be ready this week, if their timing estimate was accurate.

Edited by Feanaaro

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrThoth

• watch_art

• Icywolfe

• Jamerelbe

I only ordered two TI nibs. (I prefer clips on smaller pens so held off in ordering one). After several emails I got a reply that my nibs would be shipped on the 19th (January). I’m guessing/hoping by the end of the month I should receive them.

I'm just guessing but the complicated orders might be shipped dead last. Like I ordered a Ti pen with Ti F nib + Ti M nib + Sleeve + Aluminum pen M.

But this project shattered my weight ideas. For some odd reason I though Ti would be the lightest compared to Al.

They are shipping from 19 - 31 JAN

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

Ti is heavier but also much stronger than Al, so perhaps if they wanted they could make the titanium pen lighter by making it much thinner, but it probably would not make much sense from a design and manufacturing perspective.

I am really looking forward to receiving this, even more than I anticipated. Hope it does not disappoint (and also that USPS (or whoever take it from Royal Mail) will actually deliver it and not just leave a notice without even bothering to ring the doorbell, they always do that with my pens/nibs etc, I hate them)

Edited by Feanaaro

Ti is heavier but also much stronger than Al, so perhaps if they wanted they could make the titanium pen lighter by making it much thinner, but it probably would not make much sense from a design and manufacturing perspective.

I am really looking forward to receiving this, even more than I anticipated. Hope it does not disappoint (and also that USPS (or whoever take it from Royal Mail) will actually deliver it and not just leave a notice without even bothering to ring the doorbell, they always do that with my pens/nibs etc, I hate them)

I think they said the Ti was like 50g and the AL is like 28g. Which threw me for a spin. Because that is what I thought: They would use Ti less as Ti is like steel. And then the pen would be light as AL and be stronger than AL. As my J95 weighs about 27g. I'm actually worried about my Ti pen with 50g of weight.

It would be very unlucky if they leave a tag on Friday and you can't get the package back till the next Monday.

#Nope

Yeah, they just did that today with the flex nibs I was waiting from FPR... that's why I'm bitter now.

They always do that to my orders from GPC. Though my orders from JP always reaches the US on a Friday.... and customs keep it over the weekend.

#Nope

Update: Creator added a new news posts saying another delay happened due to their shipping partner Shipwire.

We were going to use Shipwire (#1 for order fulfilment in the US) for this but unfortunately our agreement with them fell through over a silly paperwork issue (they wanted us to have a US branch of our company even though we are a UK company shipping from their UK warehouse). This made us lose an entire week as we had configured all of our stock on their systems. This was very frustrating to say the least! We're now in contact with several other logistics companies and will have an agreement with them shortly.

The pens on the other hand will be delayed only for the Ti pens. The bodies aren't finished.

In the meantime we are still waiting on the titanium parts to be completed by our surface finisher. They've informed me that they will need an extra 15 days to finish beadblasting on the pens because it's a difficult job on such a hard material. We also ask a much higher standard finish than their usual customers so the lead time is higher than expected.

Shipping times for the world is noted too.

Once your order has been shipped we will send your a message through BackerKit. In our experience, shipping time for the USA is 7-10 days and 15 days for countries in Asia. Shipping time in the UK is 3 days and 5-7 days in the EU.

#Nope

This does not bode well, as they notified me of the shipment last week, but if this is the situation that could not have been a truthful notification... not comforting at all.

This does not bode well, as they notified me of the shipment last week, but if this is the situation that could not have been a truthful notification... not comforting at all.

Might be what they posted about is for the US backers as Shipwire is only US shipping.

#Nope

I am not a backer, but currently I am in the US, thus the thing with the shipping company should have affected me.

I got an email saying that the order had shipped on Tuesday, January 20th, but given this other information I am doubting that it was true.

Now they have this on their blog (readable by anyone, not just the Kickstart backers): http://www.namisu.com/blogs/news/16964176-pre-order-shipping-dates

PRE-ORDER SHIPPING DATES

Due to the high demand of the Nexus fountain pens there is currently a delay in shipping dates depending on the model that you have ordered:
Nexus Aluminium - Shipping 31 January. Please allow at least 15 days for international shipping to arrive.
Nexus Titanium Standard - Shipping 28 February. Please allow at least 25 days for international shipments to arrive.
Nexus Titanium Deluxe - Shipping 28 February. Please allow at least 25 days for international shipments to arrive.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions, please contact sales@namisu.com

I get the delay with the production, thus February 28 instead of January 31, but I am a little confused as to why the shipment of a Titanium pen would take 25 days, while only 15 days for an Aluminum one.
Also more confused as to whether my pen really shipped last week on Tuesday, or that was not true and I will still have to wait at least 15 days from now... I will enquiry them if I don't get it in another couple of days.
Edited by Feanaaro

Now they have this on their blog (readable by anyone, not just the Kickstart backers): http://www.namisu.com/blogs/news/16964176-pre-order-shipping-dates

I get the delay with the production, thus February 28 instead of January 31, but I am a little confused as to why the shipment of a Titanium pen would take 25 days, while only 15 days for an Aluminum one.
Also more confused as to whether my pen really shipped last week on Tuesday, or that was not true and I will still have to wait at least 15 days from now... I will enquiry them if I don't get it in another couple of days.

They said the Ti pens aren't finished due to the tooling. I think because of almost 400 people backed the Ti pens + there are people who got mutiple Ti pens.

#Nope

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine yesterday. Unfortunately the ink cartridge had ruptured inside the barrel -- something I noticed several other complaints about in the comments on the KS page -- but that was easy enough to clean up. With a new ink cartridge inserted, the pen seems to work well. I haven't had the chance to put it to any hard use yet, but on casual use it seems to write well and I like the feel/weight of it in my hand.

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

Yeah mine had the broken ink cart as well. Very happy to finally get it. :)

I never did get those titanium keyrings on that other kickstarter. Those guys never even replied to emails.

I'm really liking it. The rings on the grip feel nice, but wiping the ink off after a fill is a booger. :)

It's pretty stinkin nice. I spread the tines a bit to get the nib writing a tiny bit wetter. I'd recommend them.

I wish it had a clip though.

• 2 weeks later...