The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help With Fixing, Cleaning, Identifying An Old Mb Fp

montblanc old vintage broken not working mont blanc unknown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rune

Rune

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 14:47

Hello there

I just acquired my first Montblanc fountain pen, but it's very old and has a lot of problems.

There is no text on it - only "MONT BLANC" written on the cap and the clip, so I've had troubles identifying it myself. If anyone has an idea what pen this might be, please tell me.

The nib says:

WARRANTED

14 CT

CSMI

IRIDIUM

First of all, I haven't been able to fill it. The top has an etched line which I suspected screwed of to reveal a button, but with a closer inspections, I've concluded it's not a seperate part.

I'm now pretty sure that it screws at the section, but I've tried everything, and it's just stuck. Can anyone confirm this?

I've tried to dip it ink and write with a little bit anyways. The nib is in a really bad shape, and is the most scratchy I've ever tried. It's placed asymmetrically on the feed, so I'm guessing the nib can be changed? What standard would that be?

Look at the photos, and I would be glad to get some answers to my questions.

2014-IMG_0344-1.jpg

2014-IMG_0350-1.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 farmdogfan

farmdogfan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 15:53

Hi.

It looks a bit like a danish size 2,4 or 6 (hard to tell from the pics) bandless with tapered cap.

Regards Per.

#3 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 19:30

That's one of those "send it off to one of the masters for a little love," kinda things. Well worth the investment to have something of that nature in proper shape and working order.

#4 provis

provis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:47

Very likely a button filler. Montblancs don't come in eyedropper format with that design. Nib-wise, It's probably a generic replacement. You should get it probably restored.

#5 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:41

Welcome to the FPN, and  what a nice and interesting pen to start with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, old, vintage, broken, not working, mont blanc, unknown

Sponsored Content

|