If You Could Wish For A Pen...

zzbr76

I confess:

I seem to have all the pens I want.

Well, most of them.

The ones that I really would like don't seem to exist outside my imagination yet. And making them into reality is proving a great deal harder than imagining them.

Regards,

Richard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zzbr76

• silverlifter

• Ursus

• Charles Rice

I like a pen to function beautifully with just the right amount of flow no matter what paper is being used, that starts perfectly every time, is smooth with just the right amount of flex but not too much and looks stunning but like a pen and not a piece of jewlery. I think my Pelican blue/black M800 (M) comes pretty close now I have been using it long enough for it to be nicely run in. Diamine florida blue compliments it perfectly.

I would wish for

1. All Hakase, Ohashido and Romillo models

2. All Danitrio models in EF with soft nib

3. All Nakaya models with SEF and flex

4. All Pelikan models M800, M1000, especially gekko and kokkyo, mubyo and takara-zukushi and a m1000 Demonstrator

5. All Montblanc Writer's Edition with Ef, stub or italic.

5. All Pilot Namiki models above 200$

That's it. I would be happy with just 1), but all five would be wonderful ;), because it's impossible to limit your wishes to a few.

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

At the moment there is no pen that I really want. There are a few that are attractive, but I just don't have a fantasy pen at the moment. I really like the Urushi finish pens that are black that fades to red, and there are a couple Pilot Custom pens that I really like, but none that I feel any real drive to acquire.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Nakaya has a snowflake pen but if I got it it with all the customization I want it would be $7,500. I would wish for that.

"Never Say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting,"

-Peter Pan

One of these...

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hunnyhunt/cabinet/pelikan/pelikan-m805-dbl1.jpg

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v124/vfs-public/exclusive/products/souveraen/demonstrator-m1005/souveraen-m-1005-normal.png

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

One of these...

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hunnyhunt/cabinet/pelikan/pelikan-m805-dbl1.jpg

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v124/vfs-public/exclusive/products/souveraen/demonstrator-m1005/souveraen-m-1005-normal.png

I really don't know why, but your post made me think of this song.... Your desire for these pens, popped this song into my head...

Wut? Weird? No, no...

Edited by zzbr76

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

A Visconti Opera Crystal... or a black Micarta Pen if TWSBI decides to have other plans for the discontinued Micarta pen... or, have Pilot push through with their FPs in my country... Faber-Castell too... or or a Vac Filler Visconti with stained glass inspiration

A handmade Japanese pen made with Tamahagane Steel for a Barrel and Cap? (I'm thinking the Cap should be made with Ebonite with Urushi Lacquer)... Inlaid Ebonite Urushi section is fine too

Yes, a black Micarta , with a big fat nib

Fulgor Nocturnus

The world' most expensive pen. It sold for 8 million USD.

I'd sell it and get thousands of cheaper pens.

Fulgor Nocturnus

The world' most expensive pen. It sold for 8 million USD.

I'd sell it and get thousands of cheaper pens.

You win extra points for this; your answer is pure genius. Feel sorry for that poor fu*ker who bought this pen :)

Edited by zzbr76

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

It's the first time I heard about PFM Demonstrator. I looked into it, it's a great pen; I'm a sucker for demonstrators.

Well, we can wish for anything right ? ;)

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

• 5 years later...

Aurora Diamante LE, with the 18K nib.

Because diamonds really are a girl's best friend.

Edited by Aquaria

Cool music video. I used to live in Bushwick.

My dream would be a pen that disappears in my hand and makes me only think about what Im writing. An invisible pen. A pen where the constant question - is this the perfect pen? - vanishes and all thats left is the effortless transmission of thought to page.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I just want to get this 912's PO nib into a kuro tamenuri Nakaya Piccolo Cigar. Is that so much to ask?!

Also, just saw some beautiful maki-e work by an artisan in Japan (thanks to BetweenTheLines, with an assist from Zaddick), and something as yet undreamed of that she might make... yeah, and one of those.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

All of my wishes are unobtanium pens...

Waterman number 7 with a White Keyhole Nib.

Eversharp Skyline, in the advertised, but never found solid platinum.

Modern pens can be obtained, even one which an earlier poster's suggested, a Montblanc 149 in solid gold... it is only a matter of money (or taking a loan). This does not excite me,

it is only an exercise in wealth to make those kinds of dreams come true.

Truly unobtainable pens, with no regard of cost, are true objects of desire. Deep down inside, I believe that if they were advertised, at least one prototype was built.

My wish list, roughly in the order of desire:

Omas Paragon in Arco Brown (an ASC Bologna Extra in Arco Brown would work too!)

Visconti Medici, rose gold trim with a medium or 1.3 stub nib

M800 Tortoise in mint condition with a buttery smooth 1.3 stub

Modern Wahl Eversharp Decoband, Positano w/rhodium trim

Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze (my interest in this one is fading though)

I'm sure I could find others I like and would be willing to spend money on, but any or all of the above are perpetually on my want list...and that list is basically a fantasy for me, lol. Only the Homo Sapiens Bronze is even remotely attainable and I'm not sure it's worth it to me. I'd really prefer the Medici if I were going to get a Visconti...

Edited by sirgilbert357

If it needs to exist in reality, any Sailor KoP Nagahara King Eagle or Nagahara Cross Point.

If it's something I can dream up? Sailor KoP Pro Gear Realo in Arco Brown with either of the nibs above.