Cruise Collection Ballpoint

Andyhplatt

I have just purchased a MontBlanc Cruise Collection Ballpoint from www.martemodena.it. I have noticed it doesn't have PIX under the clip, does this apply to fountain pens only or does this also apply to MontBlanc ballpoint pens?

Thanks

Andrew

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orfew

• Mister Mont Blanc

• Marco1900000000

• Andyhplatt

My new LeGrand ballpoint only has "made in Germany" under the clip. It seems like just when all the counterfeiters use "Pix", Montblanc switches it up again. Many people seem hung up on the Pix sign which is actually helping people selling fakes because many of them will have that now. I have read on this forum that even boutique staff told someone he or she owned a fake pen; because it only said "made in Germany" under the clip and not "Pix". But I have no source link for this so I may be wrong.

I own a new 90 Years model 146 fountain pen that has no "Pix" under the clip. Bought it new from the boutique last week, so I have no doubt as to it's authenticity. MB may be changing things up.

Correct. It seems MB is taking "Pix" away from most of the newly produced pens incuding Starwalkers, Meisterstück (90th Anniv. line), and now the Cruise collection. No idea if this is for confusing counterfeiters or because of a trademark thing. But it does no good when the MB staff aren't made aware of these changes and customers are relying on them to authenticate items.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I have just purchased a MontBlanc Cruise Collection Ballpoint from www.martemodena.it. I have noticed it doesn't have PIX under the clip, does this apply to fountain pens only or does this also apply to MontBlanc ballpoint pens?

Thanks

Andrew

How do you like it? I bought one as well and it is a great pen to jot some quick notes.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

I noticed MB does not have a fountain pen listed for this line. Have they done that before, offer a pen in BP or RB only?

Thanks.

I noticed MB does not have a fountain pen listed for this line. Have they done that before, offer a pen in BP or RB only?

Thanks.

I guess the reason for this is that MB does not want to produce such cheap fountain pens, because that would mean that the pen has a steel nib which means less quality. MB only produces fountain pens with gold nib as this stands for a better writing experience and prestige.

Edited by schbe243

I guess it would just still be nice to have a fountain pen of this material and color combination. I would expect to pay the higher cost for it being a FP. They've shown they can make resin in other colors. I'd honestly prefer a white or blue or orange etc. FP over everything else that is black!

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I guess the reason for this is that MB does not want to produce such cheap fountain pens, because that would mean that the pen has a steel nib which means less quality. MB only produces fountain pens with gold nib as this stands for a better writing experience and prestige.

To be fair, in the past Montblanc has indeed made their fair share of very excellent steel nibs that wrote just as well as the gold ones. Back when I used to collect more Montblanc pens, most of my collection had steel nibs and not gold ones. Currently though, Montblanc doesn't make pens with steel nibs, and in any case, if you see a modern Meisterstück with a steel nib, it's most definitely going to be fake.

I still miss the Montblanc steel nibbed pens. I liked how they wrote quite a bit. They were indeed excellent nibs. I wouldn't mind paying good money for a Montblanc with a steel nib like that. Steel doesn't necessarily mean cheap or inferior quality. Some of my favourite nibs are steel, and one of those belonged to a particular Montblanc that I sold some time ago. Steel is indeed less prestigious though, and Montblanc probably doesn't want to be associated with that.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

To be fair, in the past Montblanc has indeed made their fair share of very excellent steel nibs that wrote just as well as the gold ones. Back when I used to collect more Montblanc pens, most of my collection had steel nibs and not gold ones. Currently though, Montblanc doesn't make pens with steel nibs, and in any case, if you see a modern Meisterstück with a steel nib, it's most definitely going to be fake.

I still miss the Montblanc steel nibbed pens. I liked how they wrote quite a bit. They were indeed excellent nibs. I wouldn't mind paying good money for a Montblanc with a steel nib like that. Steel doesn't necessarily mean cheap or inferior quality. Some of my favourite nibs are steel, and one of those belonged to a particular Montblanc that I sold some time ago. Steel is indeed less prestigious though, and Montblanc probably doesn't want to be associated with that.

Dillon

I agree. I have some vintage MBs a few have had steel nibs. I found them to be quite a joy to write with.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer