The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Boutique Display In Birmingham Uk - Writers Editions

montblanc boutique birmingham writers editions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bigeddie

Bigeddie

Must not purchase more ink.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:55

Just a photo of the current display - it was nice to see some of the old WEs in stock (mostly as a part of sets). I haven't seen some of them in the flesh before. I have always liked the look of the Shaw, but the Faulkner took me by surprise. 

14674028734_5c37ce3bd3_b.jpg

Writers editions in Birmingham Montblanc by Bigeddie100, on Flickr

Edited by Bigeddie, 17 July 2014 - 12:57.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

Sponsored Content

#2 NathanLow

NathanLow

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 13:41

Gorgeous indeed! :yikes:

#3 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 14:36

I was emailed about the Dickens when they first got it in a few weeks back - I was surprised that they'd managed to source one of the those.  They've always had quite a small collection of the LE pens so its good to see they've got a good few of them together now.

If you want some eye candy though go to Harrods. Their selection of LE pens is incredible.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#4 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 14:51

Thanks for the great photo.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#5 Tojusi

Tojusi

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 15:25

If you want some eye candy though go to Harrods. Their selection of LE pens is incredible.

I believe that is the place where I have seen the most expensive pen I have seen in the flesh. Around 120,000 GBP if I recall. Of course, it was safely behind a display and I quickly moved along before the sales people had to usher me on my way!

#6 Pen Nut

Pen Nut

"You open one safe door and another one closes"

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 18:59

Despite my dislike of Birmingham, long story, I may just take a trip down there in the next week or two and have a mooch around.

Money may not make you happy but I would rather cry in a Rolls-Royce

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

#7 Toll

Toll

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 19:19

What surprised you about the Faulkner? 

#8 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 21:49

Sets usually seem to be easier to find than FP's. I see that the only G.B.Shaw FP is part of a set. When I tried to find a GBS FP, almost every boutique in the US had a set but none had just the FP. It's a shame really. One would think they may one day get to the stage where they split them up, just to see if they can sell them separately, but I don't think they ever do.

#9 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,905 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 21:55

Nice picture Bigeddie thanks. Do the prices all start with a 6 for a single fp?

#10 Rowbo

Rowbo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 22:27

Nice photo to commemorate 1000 posts, Bigeddie.

You don't know what you need until you realise you haven't got it.

#11 pavoni

pavoni

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 23:20

Congratulations on your 1,000th post Bigeddie and thank you for sharing the picture :thumbup:   

Pavoni.

#12 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 17:56

They've updated their display today. They've added the Dafoe to the collection.

The store currently has two Dafoes. One on display and another sealed one - after I've just purchased mine.

Two things surprised me today:

1) The Fitzgerald fountain pen now retails at £920. I checked my receipt from 2003 when I bought my set from one of the London boutiques and the set cost £815.

2) The prices for the others look completely random.
My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#13 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 23:32

I will go and have a look. Meanwhile Brendon his surname is spelt Defoe just in case you want to do searches

Edited by Chrissy, 04 August 2014 - 23:33.

#14 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:26

I will go and have a look. Meanwhile Brendon his surname is spelt Defoe just in case you want to do searches

Was that an ironic misspelling of my name :)

#15 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:57

Was that an ironic misspelling of my name :)

OMG I am so sorry.  :yikes: Do you know, I went and edited the post because I had spelt it wrong. But I altered the wrong letter.

#16 Art

Art

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:05

Beautiful pens. Thanks for the photo. It excites my MontBlanc desire. 

Edited by Art, 05 August 2014 - 10:05.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, boutique, birmingham, writers editions

Sponsored Content

|