The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Tender Purple

waterman tender purple ink review purple

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bardiir

bardiir

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:20

These are my first ink reviews so I'd like to hear all suggestions how to improve them. I've got quite some inks in my collection already (most of them are samples but it's a start) and I will review some more in the future.

Attached Images

• IMG_2606.jpg
  • IMG_2607.jpg

My Pens/Nibs (inked/active): Lamy Studio/Vista/Joy (XXF slight-flex custom | 14k EF | EF | F | 14k M | M | B | 14k 1.1 custom | 1.1 | 1.5 | 1.9), TWSBI Diamond 580 (F | Pendleton BadBoy | Zebra G | F.P.R. semi-flex), Pilot Falcon EF, Penkala Vintage 14k semi-flex, Pilot Parallel (2.4 | 3.8 | 6.0)

I'm still looking for help/data/supporters/sponsors for my Ink Database - It already contains over 900 Inks but is still low on data about the inks except on the Inks I got myself or where I found nice data sheets. So Im looking for these: InkSamples mailed to me, Permissions to use InkReviews - preferable by people who have a lot of InkReviews online, InkReviews mailed to me so I can scan them, Sponsors that will help me to finance InkSamples, People willing to trade InkSamples (list of available Inks from me is available via PM request - please include available Inks)

Sponsored Content

#2 napalm

napalm

True Blue

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 13:08

I can't see the "Tender" side of it....

#3 bardiir

bardiir

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 13:10

Yes, it's a pretty saturated purple, nothing muted or lightly colored that "tender" would possibly suggest :)

My Pens/Nibs (inked/active): Lamy Studio/Vista/Joy (XXF slight-flex custom | 14k EF | EF | F | 14k M | M | B | 14k 1.1 custom | 1.1 | 1.5 | 1.9), TWSBI Diamond 580 (F | Pendleton BadBoy | Zebra G | F.P.R. semi-flex), Pilot Falcon EF, Penkala Vintage 14k semi-flex, Pilot Parallel (2.4 | 3.8 | 6.0)

I'm still looking for help/data/supporters/sponsors for my Ink Database - It already contains over 900 Inks but is still low on data about the inks except on the Inks I got myself or where I found nice data sheets. So Im looking for these: InkSamples mailed to me, Permissions to use InkReviews - preferable by people who have a lot of InkReviews online, InkReviews mailed to me so I can scan them, Sponsors that will help me to finance InkSamples, People willing to trade InkSamples (list of available Inks from me is available via PM request - please include available Inks)

#4 I like mango cheesecake

I like mango cheesecake

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2014 - 21:42

I just bought this ink as well and it is a good choice for one of my pens, as it is the same colour as some of the accents on it.

#5 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:56

My theory is that the marketing geniuses that Waterman employed were trying to get you to associate THEIR ink colors with YOUR mood. It's overreaching, though Caran d'Ache has one-upped them in the stupid ink naming contest.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

#6 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2014 - 21:44

My theory is that the marketing geniuses that Waterman employed were trying to get you to associate THEIR ink colors with YOUR mood. It's overreaching, though Caran d'Ache has one-upped them in the stupid ink naming contest.

I can agree with the current Chromatics line, but I think the previous one was named really well. Sadly I have only Blue Sky, although I still could buy the Blue Night and Carbon, but not the other more interesting ones.

Admittedly I like purple inks, but still not see the exact point why would I buy this one... except that is reasonably priced.

#7 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2014 - 22:08

I can agree with the current Chromatics line, but I think the previous one was named really well.

So true. Waterman, on the other hand, was a mixed bag. I was never sure about what was "Florida" about "Florida Blue", though "South Sea Blue" was a brilliant name, and "Havana Brown" was evocative.

Admittedly I like purple inks, but still not see the exact point why would I buy this one... except that is reasonably priced.

Purple is all about what sort of "leaning" you like. Waterman Purple is an excellent middle-of-the-road purple, and it is, in fact, my favorite, the only Waterman ink that I really like very much. I'd give it higher lubrication marks than the OP. But there are so many other color "leanings". Montblanc Lavender Purple is much less blue, and darker. Diamine Bilberry is much more blue, and darker. Noodler's North African Violets is more blue and more vibrant (but orders of magnitude more trouble to clean out of pens).

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

#8 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,686 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:46

I love purples.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#9 bardiir

bardiir

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:35

Here's a proper scan of the page:

https://dl.dropboxus...er Purple 1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxus...er Purple 2.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, tender purple, ink review, purple

Sponsored Content

|