The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Jules Verne Edition

waterman jules verne

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PartTimeRogue

PartTimeRogue

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2014 - 18:42

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can give me a bit more information about a pen that I bought off eBay. I bought it for my boyfriend's birthday in a couple of weeks - as a bibliophile myself and he a Waterman collector, this seemed like the perfect gift for me to give him. However, I know nothing about it other than what the eBay description said. 

The eBay listing said the seller was selling the pen on behalf of a friend. This friend worked in the film industry and had been given the pen - he apparently couldn't remember who by or remember who had signed it. Does anyone recognise these signatures? - a long shot I know!

I was mainly hoping someone could answer a couple of questions I have since I can't find anything on Google! 

What year(s) were these designs produced? Are they limited editions? How many were made? 

20140715_192550.jpg

20140715_192605.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2014 - 19:00

I believe that this pen was a version of the Reflex. and is entitled "From the Earth to the Moon/Five weeks in a Balloon" and I believe that is a 1990s pen.

I am sure that others will come forward with a much more detailed explanation. My knowledge of Waterman pens is rather limited but I hope this is of some help.

Peter

#3 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,897 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2014 - 19:26

That is a Reflex.  I love the fun pens Waterman made. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#4 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2014 - 19:45

Indeed, as Pajaro says, a fun pen. Nice.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, jules verne

Sponsored Content

|