The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:28

I received an email from Fahrney's Pens advertising new Edelstein long catridges. Upon checking the Fahrney's site, http://www.fahrneysp...campaign=140710, I found the option for Edelstein Sapphire Blue. Since I had purchased a lot of Parker Penman Blue Sapphire ink before it became impossible to find and since I have been using Private Reserve American Blue catridges for the travel needs of my pens taking international size cartridges, I have not tried Edelstein Sapphire Blue ink; having a lot of Parker Penman Blue Sapphire ink, I have not needed to buy bottled ink. Since the picture of an ink blob on the Fahrney's site looked promising in regard to color, I wanted to ask how the Edelstein Sapphire Blue ink compares in color to my beloved Parker Penman Blue Sapphire and my substitute Private Reserve American Blue.

Has anyone used each of these inks? If so, how do they compare in color? In particular, how does the color of Edelstein Sapphrie Blue compare to the rich deep color of Parker Penman Blue Sapphrire?

Thanks! : )

Edited by elysee, 11 July 2014 - 03:28.

Sponsored Content

#2 cleosmama

cleosmama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:46

The Pelikan Sapphire Blue is nowhere near the deep color of the Private Reserve American Blue. It's a lot more like Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in that it can be a little watery-looking compared to something like Kon-Peki. I would recommend that you try the Goulet's comparison tool to at least look at the swabs for PR American Blue and the Pelikan ink. 

I hope this helps. 

#3 dneal

dneal

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:30

Edelstein Sapphire is a lighter blue and very, very close to J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir.

#4 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:10

Thank you VERY MUCH for this information! I GREATLY appreciate it!!!

#5 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:41

The Pelikan Sapphire Blue is nowhere near the deep color of the Private Reserve American Blue. It's a lot more like Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in that it can be a little watery-looking compared to something like Kon-Peki. I would recommend that you try the Goulet's comparison tool to at least look at the swabs for PR American Blue and the Pelikan ink. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you for suggesting the Goulet comparison tool! That helped a great deal. You are right, the Edelstein Sapphire is watery-looking and definitely not a deep blue.

Edited by elysee, 11 July 2014 - 05:42.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker penman, blue sapphire, sapphire blue, american blue, private reserve, edelstein, ink comparison, blue ink, sapphire, sapphire ink

Sponsored Content

|