The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Looking For Alternatives For Hero 329, Old Version, With Converter

hero 329 old older model converter

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 civil

civil

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25

Hi. I love the nib on the Hero 329 old version, but really hate the rubber ink reservoir, it is annoying on a number of levels, and depending on the ink (noodler's bulletproof black in particular), it can be quite problematic at times.   :wallbash:

I was going to post a topic on whether the Hero 329 can be fitted with a slide/piston converter, but I figure that might too involved, if even possible at all.  :doh:

Instead, anyone knows whether there is a Hero pen with the same exact nib as the 329 old version, but which can take a converter?  :unsure:

P.S.  I read before that the new 329 is not as good as the old, then later I read that the issue is that the nib on the new version is much smaller, and hence scratchier, which is the reason I would rather avoid such a nib in any new pen I buy. 

Thanks for all suggestions.  :thumbup:

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hero, 329, old, older model, converter

Sponsored Content

|