The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

"modern Vintage" Flex Options…The Desiderata Pen Company

desideratapens flex shading vintage stainless flexible ebonite wood resin demonstrator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#21 luhkey

luhkey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 21:25

im really liking the look of these.

thin and simple. they remind me of my waterman 12.

:wub:

though i wonder what the feed material will be.

im hoping for ebonite. imo, it would just knock it right out of the park.

and as far as the material of the pen itself? anything ebonite or celluloid!

Edited by luhkey, 09 July 2014 - 21:26.

Sponsored Content

#22 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:36

My website isn't up yet, but this seemed to be the most popular design, so a limited supply of these are up for sale on my Etsy store now.

#23 Davis19942003

Davis19942003

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2014 - 14:08

They are all beautiful pens. I would love a clip so that the pen will not roll around

#24 Nanor

Nanor

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 14:48

You're pushing an open door....I just placed an order.

#25 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:31

You're pushing an open door....I just placed an order.

:-)

#26 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:31

They are all beautiful pens. I would love a clip so that the pen will not roll around

For what it's worth, they come with a cap roll stop.

#27 luhkey

luhkey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 16:51

i'll be waiting for the ebonite eyedropper : )

#28 WateryFlow

WateryFlow

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2014 - 17:02

They all look nice in different ways. What's the shipping costs like to the UK if I decided on one?

Edited by WateryFlow, 16 July 2014 - 17:03.

#29 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 18:40

i'll be waiting for the ebonite eyedropper : )

You'll have your chance. 

They all look nice in different ways. What's the shipping costs like to the UK if I decided on one?

Splendid. Thank you. Flat shipping worldwide ($15) is on the Etsy page I linked earlier. 

#30 WateryFlow

WateryFlow

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2014 - 19:44

Splendid. Thank you. Flat shipping worldwide ($15) is on the Etsy page I linked earlier. 

Cool! That's quite reasonable actually

#31 Marsilius

Marsilius

likes pretty old things

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:55

These are lovely. I am sorry if I missed this information, but is it possible to request "wood grain" or some other preference when ordering?

"fortibus es in ero"

#32 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:16

These are lovely. I am sorry if I missed this information, but is it possible to request "wood grain" or some other preference when ordering?

At this exact moment, I'm only selling the one on the Etsy page, with that configuration, and color scheme. That will change in the near future. 

#33 penhappy

penhappy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:40

This is an exciting project you are launching.  Congratulations!  The green and black swirl looks fantastic.  Looking forward to following your pens.

Impressive that you are in Chicago!  I am close to the Wisconsin border.  Good luck and keep us posted.

#34 Mezzie

Mezzie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 13:10

That wood pen looks amazing. I went to your Etsy page and it looks like it's gone. Oh well... do you mind sharing how much it sold for? Then I can start budgeting. :)

#35 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2014 - 13:18

I was thinking about getting a vintage flex, but I now your modern flex is changing my mind.

#36 luhkey

luhkey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:37

too quite in this thread.

the Etsy listing answered a number of the things i was wondering, namely feed material, general price, nib/s and dimensions.

though, after having a lot of fun with a Zebra G nib in a nib holder. i now can't seem to stop wondering how you ever managed to make a feed work with it.

however, your writing samples seem to show that you must have figured it out. it even keeps up!

fascinating idea for a modern flex pen i must say.

i can't wait to have one.

#37 Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon

Pen Quest

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2014 - 13:30

That wood pen looks amazing. I went to your Etsy page and it looks like it's gone. Oh well... do you mind sharing how much it sold for? Then I can start budgeting. :)

+1

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

#38 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:06

+1

:-)

too quite in this thread.

the Etsy listing answered a number of the things i was wondering, namely feed material, general price, nib/s and dimensions.

though, after having a lot of fun with a Zebra G nib in a nib holder. i now can't seem to stop wondering how you ever managed to make a feed work with it.

however, your writing samples seem to show that you must have figured it out. it even keeps up!

fascinating idea for a modern flex pen i must say.

i can't wait to have one.

Thank you. How did I do it? Buy one and you can see for yourself! Bam!

I was thinking about getting a vintage flex, but I now your modern flex is changing my mind.

You should get what makes you happy. 14K gold is a great material for nibs, and you **can** get a vintage flex for cheap, but you might have a long journey. Read the "FAQ" and "About" part of my website when its up. You'll hear my thoughts on this in more detail.

The one you saw was $75. If that's too steep, just wait a while. I have many ideas.

#39 winterwolfen

winterwolfen

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2014 - 20:49

I really like your idea, it's really a poor mans flex pen, expect the heart break to crack a rare gold nib :-) Belive me, I know.
I do happen to own some zebra g-nibs (bought from jetpens), very flexy but also very scratchy, and to be able to use the nib, isen't it recommended to lick/burn/vinager treat the nib to be able to really pick up ink?
One other downside is, I once left the nib wet with water in a old sterling silver penholder, when I checked out the pen later, the nib had rusted and spred it into the metal parts inside the nibholder, so what I know they aren't stainless steel, they are chrome plated...or does it exist differt kind of nibs?
Next time you sell this pens, I'll buy one
/mirjam

#40 luhkey

luhkey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 21:41

isen't it recommended to lick/burn/vinager treat the nib to be able to really pick up ink?

ive had the most luck with holding the underside of my dip nibs over a flame for a few seconds, then dipping into a cup of distilled water and then scrubbing it clean and dry with a paper towel.

and always avoiding touching with my bare fingers ofcourse.

i also wonder how the G nibs will handle being in a pen for extended periods in contact with ink.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desideratapens, flex, shading, vintage, stainless, flexible, ebonite, wood, resin, demonstrator

Sponsored Content

|