The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Aurora 88 - Needs Repair?

aurora 88

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ipinkgirl

ipinkgirl

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 21:25

Good Evening All,

I was recently gifted with an Aurora 88 and I'm not sure if it's holding ink and if I need to have it repaired.  First, I'm pretty new to the fountain pen world.  But this was a really nice gift and it's slowly becoming my favorite pen. 

The pen I have is the Aurora 88 Large Black Resin w/Gold Trim. 

I noticed that after I inked it (Omas Violet) for the first time and wrote with it for a day that it would hard start, railroad and then quit altogether.  Thinking I had done a lot of writing and had just emptied it (despite the window still showing ink, I cleaned it and refilled it with a different ink.  The same thing happened with the new refill (Private Reserve Tanzanite).  I'm starting to get concerned because when I've reviewed pics of a teardown of this pen I noticed that the part of the piston seal spindle has broken off and is attached to the filler knob while the rest is on the other side of the connector top.  I live in the DC area and Fahrneys is a local pen shop for me, but before I go through that I wanted to check here first. 

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora 88

Sponsored Content

|