I understand why someone may want to buy an empty pen box as her/his box may have been damaged or (s)he may have bought a pen/pencil without a box and I understand why someone may buy a broken vintage pen/pencil for spare parts, but, this is ridiculous: someone is selling a ripped/torn LL Bean paper bag into which one's purchase was put when shopping at an LL Bean Store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LL-Bean-Outdoor-Specialties-Store-Shopping-Retail-Green-Gift-Bag-Medium-Tote-/321449791812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad7e69144

This auction with starting price of $0.25 and Buy It Now price of $0.99 for a ripped/torn paper bag is a wasteful, ridiculous eBay listing. What is even more ridiculous is that the seller is charging $4.75 for shipping this ripped/torn paper bag! Oh, (s)he will ship this ripped/torn paper bag worldwide!

What can this seller hope to gain???? Why sell a silly paper bag and then have to pay eBay fees and PayPal fees? It just makes no sense to me!

Edited by elysee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JotterAddict62

• elysee

• Sinistral1

• EJKorvette

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is me speechless.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Just as there are some nuts who collect fountainpens, there are people who collect advertisement bags.

As a kid I used to collect cigarbands, match-boxes, advertisement-pins, advertisement key-chains, and of course stamps, among others.

After her death it appeared my mother had a collection of book-marks, fancy hairpins, lady's fans, among others.

I saw a program a few months ago about a guy collecting mustard jars/bottles.

So, why not bags like these.

D.ick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Maybe it's some kid of secret coded message for the Green Lantern or Batman, or Batsh_t.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

We better add a Marquette University ballpoint pen to your purchase of four sticky notes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marquette-University-Golden-Eagles-Bic-Blue-Yellow-Silver-Pen-NCAA-Collectible-/321449369725?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ad7e0207d

LOL! It seems that this seller has all sorts of junk! Amazing!

Does anybody remember "Ghost in a Jar" from a few years back? That spawned all sorts of ridiculousness.

-Drew

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

I remember some media attention for the sale of an air guitar for $ 47.000 a few years back.

Does anybody remember "Ghost in a Jar" from a few years back? That spawned all sorts of ridiculousness.

-Drew

I never heard about "Ghost in a Jar". I just looked up "Ghost in a Jar" on Google and I see that I have some reading to do! As you may imagine, I am shaking my head in dismay right now.

I remember some media attention for the sale of an air guitar for $ 47.000 a few years back.

Amazing! I googled this too -- more reading for me! I am surprised that no one has sold frogs on eBay claiming that if you kiss the frog that it will turn into a prince. Hmm, maybe I should google that too! How about some magic beans too! -- sarcasm intended and head still shaking in dismay --

Edited by elysee

I'm really tempted to buy the Bean bag but I already have a ripped bag from Williams-Sonoma and a Yankee Candle votive carrier. At some point I have to reign myself in and stop with all the excess.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

Air guitars, ghosts, atmosphere, etc... Around 2000-2002, eBay was fuuuuull of that kind of stuff. They ended up finally having to make a rule against it... which is why, now, I guess you get all the left over bs type stuff.

-Drew

The 1970's was the [ pet rock ] Buy a rock and keep warm and watered.

I did not have to buy one, I could just go to the railroad tracks and pick up all the rocks I could.

That is what we older people should start selling Vintage Pet Rocks :lticaptd:

yeah, well, it's not only e-bay that offers questionable items. This is what happens with too much automation on Amazon...

post-98371-0-93121500-1404369734.jpg

yeah, well, it's not only e-bay that offers questionable items. This is what happens with too much automation on Amazon...

:lticaptd:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I hope the used ones are waaaay less expensive.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.