The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Nouveau Premier As An Eyedropper

nouveau premier eyedropper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wheatflower

Wheatflower

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:52

Today the mail brought me my very first Edison pen--a Nouveau Premier in the Black Ice pattern.  It's so pretty!

It comes with a converter, but it's alleged that it can be used as an eyedropper.  Has anyone done this?  Does it have the usual eyedropper blobbing problems?  I'm usually a converter-user, but the idea of filling this baby with my MB Dandy Turquoise is strangely compelling.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

Sponsored Content

#2 TequilaMockingbird

TequilaMockingbird

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:45

I haven't done it with a Premier, but I have with a Collier.  As long as there's silicone grease on the threads of the section as well as the nib unit (it unscrews) it should be fine!  I've had mine filled with Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun and it's worked well.  Even when I'm down to less than 1mL I haven't had any drops blobbing out.

#3 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2014 - 14:27

The feeds on Edison pens are pretty nice. They greatly reduce/eliminate many of the traditional eye dropper blobbing issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nouveau premier, eyedropper

Sponsored Content

|