Fountain Pen Dating Site

tjt7a

Actually, OP, I think one reason so many are having a laugh is that a good percentage of the people on the FP sites I've been to seem to be more or less permanently paired.

Perhaps you mean impaired?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tjt7a

• inkstainedruth

• OcalaFlGuy

• logantrky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not, The 51s far too experienced to not know that its just a fling.

Surely not- think of the talk in the pen case if the dignified P51 in burgundy and gold was seen with a coral pink Safari. The very idea!

Surely not- think of the talk in the pen case if the dignified P51 in burgundy and gold was seen with a coral pink Safari. The very idea!

That's all jealousy.......

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

You do know all she's after is your pens?

As soon as you give her the Grail pen ...she will send you back that 6 K diamond clunker and keep it!!!

It's probably only a couple of hours drive to Tyson's Corners...get there early and stay late on Saturdays.

A hunting T shirt, U of V penman shirt, with a MB shoe bottle of ink, and a fountain pen of class on the front...something similar but different on the back. A sewed on pen pocket...would be a bit of class. With only two nice pens....one does not 'flaunt' ones wealth, one has it. Any good T-shirt place could fix you up.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I prefer being married to someone who is not competing for the pens that I want, nor is inclined to swipe my pens. Though she works with me in the pen business and all that, she's not a collector. :)

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

so does it mean that a 1950s 149 is Hugh Hefner if the pen is amongst many newer pens ?

that old tramp.

and if i dated or married someone that loves FP's we both would be broke.

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Actually, OP, I think one reason so many are having a laugh is that a good percentage of the people on the FP sites I've been to seem to be more or less permanently paired. In fact, as far as I can tell a decent percentage seem to be happily permanently paired. (Now whether their partners would be surprised by this is another story, but probably not to the point here... ;-)) Not all, of course, but a good portion.

True. I've been reading large portions of this thread out loud to my husband, who is definitely NOT an FP guy but does have a sense of humor -- and also sort of tolerates my current, er, obsession (largely because I've only gotten one really expensive pen so far, the slightly older model Pelikan 400 brown tortoise). To the point of saying to people "Ask her how many inks she has!"

Although, with some of the posts, it's just been really hard not to crack up while I'm reading them -- Sasha Royale's in particular :lol:. It was sort of like -- for those who do SF -- what I understand is the traditional midnight reading of "Eye of Argon" at BosCon (haven't been to the con myself, but a copy of EoA *did* show up at a New Year's Eve party I was at years ago in Boston, likely brought by someone who was on the con committee).

[For the rest of you, BosCon is one of the more well-established science fiction conventions. The "Reading" is that you are handed a manuscript (which was allegedly actually submitted for publication someplace) of a story called "The Eye of Argon". You are to read the story out loud -- exactly as written (including the spelling, punctuation and grammar errors) for as long as possible. Without laughing....]

As geeks go, FP people are rank amateurs....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Wow I've read the whole thing 3 times and I still don't know the manufacturing dates for my Conklin 20 P. So far I have TMI ala Ashley Madison.

1. Wahoowa. CLAS 87

2. If you can't find a chick into fountain pens... just convert 'er.

3. sorry about #2.

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.

This thread inspired me to think out of the box and wonder why people bother experimenting with candles, handcuffs and such, instead of the endless possibilities offered by a smooth clipless Nakaya, and a smorgasboard of ring tops. I will be sure to bring it up tonight. If she slaps me, oh well. Otherwise...new pen to buy.

Thanks OP for the inspiration.

interesting

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

umm...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121023213158/degrassi/images/b/b3/Snape-walks-away.gif

interesting

hi George, long time no see...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Just think of the heated court proceedings over pen custody if there were a divorce!

<em class='bbc'>I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good.</em> - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

Haha i opened this thread with intrepidation, but was pleasantly surprised to see people making light of it with some good one liners :lol: . I don't mind who my Jinhao or lamy(studio) dates as long as it's not a Lamy Safari(way too ugly. The kids would have 5 nibs and 3 barrels) or a Montblanc(self important little (bleep))

Edited by WateryFlow

Mind, you, tjt, we are all so hoping you find the right person who will understand you and be enthralled by your collection of beautiful pens. Please don't misinterpret our sophomoric titters... they have nothing to do with you, or your post idea.

We're just a bunch of old marrieds and partnerds who are laughing at ourselves, remembering our fitful days of searching for mr/ms "not so terrible". Trust ME when I say that the right person will come along, although maybe not until you are in your 30's. Be particular and be yourself. Don't settle.

PS if I knew any appropriate eligibles I would send them your way because a. you chose a good grad school and b. you have good taste in writing instruments, and c. nice profile pic.

Sometimes the cat needs a new cat toy. And sometimes I need a new pen.