• inkstainedruth

• OcalaFlGuy

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yaknow.

Say what you will.

I've heard Screwier ideas for on-line meet areas... :rolleyes:

FP's and things that go with them to me are fairly good personality pointers...

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Dating? If you find a girl/boy friend interested in FPs, just get the heck married. That's as good a reason as any, and better than most. (IMHO) :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

Allow me to play devil's advocate...

If my pens join a dating service, maybe somehow I'll end up with more pens.

Why not? It works with people, doesn't it? ;)

ken

Allow me to play devil's advocate...

If my pens join a dating service, maybe somehow I'll end up with more pens.

Why not? It works with people, doesn't it? ;)

ken

LOOK AT THAT ! Is that a ballpoint pen ? Who's his family ? My Lady Duofold is not leaving this house with his kind !

He only wants one thing -- to get you into the sac . Which way are you going to raise the children ? Oh, the shame ! What

to tell the neighbors about the "Aerometric Pistons" running around the house. Where did we go wrong ? We're

going to have to move.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello everyone,

I'm a University of Virginia graduate student and fountain pen fan. There are dating sites for all kinds of interests and I thought someone should start a Fountain Pen based dating site.

Any thoughts?

Tom

I would think that just attending pen shows would provide plenty of opportunity to meet like minded people and those shows invariably involve group dinners and other social activities.

LOOK AT THAT ! Is that a ballpoint pen ? Who's his family ? My Lady Duofold is not leaving this house with his kind !

He only wants one thing -- to get you into the sac . Which way are you going to raise the children ? Oh, the shame ! What

to tell the neighbors about the "Aerometric Pistons" running around the house. Where did we go wrong ? We're

going to have to move.

Oh, the scandal. :yikes: :lticaptd:

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I don't know if I could handle another person like me of the opposite sex and their fountain pen craze..

I do not know whether or not it's a good idea for an actual dating site, but it sure was a good idea for an entertaining, one-liner-themed discussion thread. Good fun reading the replies.

Well done.

If I got married to someone I found on a FP dating site...just think of all the step-pens I could have. :rolleyes:

"Is your love life drier than R&K Salix? Well, you're in the write place, where bad strokes turn to flourishes..."

FPtheONE4me.com

@arts_nibs

I know the OP was probably serious on this matter, and I'm truly sorry on behalf of all of us for taking that chance to have a laugh.

But it really is hilarious, what many had written, and I hope the OP isn't offended by us taking him not seriously.

Well my pens and I for one would totally sign up for this B) . Romantic fountain pen play dates hehe.

What about the age difference - would you let your vintage 51 go out with a gold-digging brand-new Safari?

Why not, The 51s far too experienced to not know that its just a fling. Edited by superglueshoe

Actually, OP, I think one reason so many are having a laugh is that a good percentage of the people on the FP sites I've been to seem to be more or less permanently paired. In fact, as far as I can tell a decent percentage seem to be happily permanently paired. (Now whether their partners would be surprised by this is another story, but probably not to the point here... ;-)) Not all, of course, but a good portion. After a few years of that, the aches of trying to meet someone recede, and the idea of changing horses in midstream becomes something to joke about.

Certainly I've heard crazier ideas. It might work. And at any rate, you could put something in your signature line. People have met in stranger ways.