Odd Request...where To Get Decent Journals In South Africa

inn3rs3lf

Good news guys Exclusive Books in Gateway (KZN)have replaced moleskine with a full Rhodia range I could not believe my eyes!reasonably priced as well be sure to check it out. It is a little cheaper than writegear.co.za

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inn3rs3lf

• LeonW

• IvoryParker

• KarenDodo

Thanks for that IvoryParker! Hopefully all the stores will start to stock them now!

I managed to import 2 writers from nanami, but be warned, customs was over R500. Spent roughly R1500 for two A5 books. Madness.

Beware of no man more than yourself; we carry our worst enemies within us - Charles Spurgeon

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

For a long time I have contemplated importing Rhodia books because of their worldwide critical acclaim but the associated costs were preposterous hence it was unbelievable to see them stocked. The average price being about R110.00 for a No 18. Now that I am using it it is fantastic smooth paper! Gosh i know the feeling though innerself it can become quite straining with these import costs.

• 3 months later...

I'm still struggling to find dotted/grid journal books with decent paper quality in Cape Town. The A5 Moleskine which I paid more than R300 for was rather disappointing with all the ghosting and bleeding through. I would really appreciate some directions as to where can I get some notebooks that won't charge more than item price for international shipping then I still need to pay the ridiculous amount at Sars before I can retrieve my parcel please.

I'm still struggling to find dotted/grid journal books with decent paper quality in Cape Town. The A5 Moleskine which I paid more than R300 for was rather disappointing with all the ghosting and bleeding through. I would really appreciate some directions as to where can I get some notebooks that won't charge more than item price for international shipping then I still need to pay the ridiculous amount at Sars before I can retrieve my parcel please.

www.writegear.co.za

Email them and ask if they have the Rhodia notebooks in dotted paper. They did last month.

Beware of no man more than yourself; we carry our worst enemies within us - Charles Spurgeon

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Hi Guys I'm still using the Rhodia albeit sparingly. Freedom Stationers have a new executive pad which they posit to be 180/gsm I am not too sure if this would be good or not takealot has it. But ao far its luck if the draw a R6.00 interstat exam pad can surpass moleskine quality. Theres no consistency though....

• 6 months later...

Hi there,a bit late to this discussion :)

In my frustration of not finding decent quality & dotted notebooks in SA I have taken the plunge to start making my own...what gsm paper where you looking to find?

I am looking at doing a run of books with 105 gsm (dotted)192 pages. Would love to hear from everyone else on this thread what your ideal notebook for your writing would be?.Page count, paper weight, size, blank/grid/dotted? My main focus is to use the notebook for bullet journaling, but it seems there are so many of us looking for the same thing for various applications I would appreciate any kind of feedback you have to offer! If all goes to plan I will have my first two draft copies next week.

PS. this is in no way intended as marketing :) just happy to find others as frustrated as me, and hoping to pick your brains in the hopes of eventually having a locally produced notebook that will fill the gap we have. Sorry if this post is inappropriate in any way!

Edited by dottiD