The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pen Stores / Paper Stores In Portland, Oregon?

pen stores paper stores portland oregon portland oregon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:36

I will be in Portland, Oregon for a conference in August. What are the best stores in Portland at which I can find nice pens and nice papers? If there are no pen stores in Portland, what are the closest pen stores to Portland? Are there any stores in Portland that sell vintage pens? Thanks! : )

Sponsored Content

#2 risingsun

risingsun

Collector Mentality

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:46

Was there about a month ago with my wife enjoying the city. Oblation Press was fun; great paper products and they had some fountain pens, including a few vintage ones (though overpriced). Watching the press in action was awesome for an engineer like me. Went to Avalon Antiques, and walked out with a couple vintage pens for servicing: a Parker 51 and a Waterman 52, both nice and a fair price for each (comparable to or better than eBay). There were several pens I left behind, but not because they were junk. Blick had a nice selection of fountain pen friendly notebooks - picked up a Rhodia pad while there. Went to Paradise Pen at Pioneer Square. Didn't buy a thing, as prices were retail/astronomical. Fun to look. Ogled a Homo Sapiens there. Thought I might buy some ink, but again the prices scared me off.

Did some antiquing outside the city center, and didn't find much in the way of pens, but had a good time.

I highly recommend the sidewalk carts for lunchtime. Some just around the corner from Avalon Antiques.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

#3 Javert34

Javert34

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:05

Are there any updates to this thread? I will be in Portland in April.

#4 benbot517

benbot517

A Dapper Chap

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:24

Check out Oblation Papers and press. They're kind of stepping up and filling the void left by Paradise Pen's closing. Last I spoke with them they were working on becoming a montblanc dealer, and they currently have some sailor, pilot, kaweco, etc. It's a great little place. The Portland State University bookstore doesn't have any fountain pens sadly. I'm a student there, and my freshman year it seems like they had two pink pilot varsities, but that was it.

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

"Oh deer."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen stores, paper stores, portland oregon, portland, oregon

Sponsored Content

|