• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Sinistral1

• mhguda

• Cyber6

I think what I will do is limit it to 25 ink testers per ink. I will do BLUE in the first batch. If I get more than 25 volunteers, I have a second batch of blue. Sign up for one batch at a time.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Me for blue!

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I'll volunteer for batch #1. Or, if you already have more than 25, I'll take batch 2.

"Over the Mountain

Of the Moon

Down the Valley of the Shadow

Ride, boldly ride,"

The shade replied,

"If you seek for Eldorado." - E. A. Poe

I'll do the blue.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

I'm down for blue ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I would love to do the blue batch too. Thank you!

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Instagram

My name should already be up there for blue, but if this is official, here goes. Please put me down for the blue ink.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I'm in for blue. I'm already an ink tester....

http://calmstorm.net/i/fpn/ink/20_blues_small.jpg

What a can of blue, inky worms you've opened. :)

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I would like to see blue ink and to receive it at the correct strength.

Me too!!!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Blue is my favorite color, so I'm in!

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Since Sinistral1 has graciously decided to help...I'm expanding this to 50 for the first blue. Since this is our first test...and we need an A, I've decided to call this ink Blue Amber.

Now, blue Amber does exist...

http://www.blueamberwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/blublue.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Alas, this first blue ink will be in the blue family. I haven't inked it up so I don't know if it will be more violet or more green. We will find out.

I am getting ready to publish the list. At this time, I have 20 more slots open.

OK, I'll gladly do it. I have received a few more cannonfodder pens from ebay.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

The first set of inks are nick-named as follows:

Blue Batch A = Blue Amber

Blue Batch B = Blue Balls

Blue Batch C = Blue Cashmere

Blue Batch D = Blue Diamond

Black Batch A = Black Amber

Black Batch B = Black Balled

Black Batch C = Black Cat

Black Batch D = Black Diamond

Okay, if you have received an invitation via the FPN PM system - then I have you on the list. If you aren't on it as of right now, tell me now so I can add you. This weekend will be send off date 1.

However, sending out concentrated ink would be a real world test of the viability of selling ink in a powder form.

The thought of powered ink gives me the heebie jeebies. :unsure:

During WWII Parker had some ink "pills" for soldiers to reconstitute and use.

In the 90's Visconti had a powdered ink.

NEITHER are still around.

I Presume there are good reasons for that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

A thought about concentrated versus normal strength. Regardless of how it is presented to you, if you change the concentration of your sample - Write it down!! I'm sure that Susema (SUper SEcret MAker) will consider your fiddling, diluting and general messing about as the work of mad scientists on holiday, merely testing the limits of the product.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

In RE: Why no more powdered ink:

Yes and no... several threads discuss this including an Inky TOD.

This ink does have anti-microbials -- so no risk of STIB -- and I'll be mixing it up with distilled and boiled water. NEVERTHELESS, use an easy to clean pen.

IN RE: Fiddling with the ink

Well, the primary reason ink powders are no longer easily available is because people can't follow directions. This ink is made with the idea that none of us over the age of 18 will actually follow the recipe. (See what I did to the poor Thistle ink).

At a minimum, write a mini-review with the ink at the dilution I send it to you. After that, 'tis fair game.